Mariota expectations

deeluxx3

On 9/4/2018 at 4:22 PM, TitanRedd said:

Over 35 total TD’s no more than 10-12 picks over 3800 yards. I expect him to thrive in this offense, he was very good his 1st yr in a Stone Age offense despite breaking his ankle. It’s all about timing wit Mariota, throwing wit anticipation & playing QB from the pocket. He will take that leap Book it ❗️

@dtait93 @TitanSS

On 10/1/2018 at 8:27 AM, dtait93 said:

Clutch That he is, the reason why I’m so up in down wit him though is cause he gives me the same feeling I had wit VY. I remember i faught like hell for Vince & was ridiculed. Though Marcus is tougher than Vince mentally. 

Been thinking..
Marcus is Dalton, Alex Smith maybe even Carson Palmer.
Palmer put up some numbers and looked like an MVP at times. Other times he was throwing 20 INTs in a season. 

I dunno. Just thinking of QBs that were good for their team, but not MVPs of the league. Marcus isn't going anywhere. He has shown too much to be cast off. He is ours or we are stuck with him, depending how you look at it.

More dependable Weapons and he could put up some numbers. Lead us like he has shown to be able too. He isn't a creator of talent. Like Manning, Brady, Rodgers or Brees tends to be. 
He is Dalton. Surround me with some players and I'll get it to them and make the right decision. 

I think it's a disappointing situation. We expect so much from him because we've seen him make these great plays, but then we see the offense not be able to score a TD and we have to place the blame somewhere. WR's yes....but....i dunno.

Just random thoughts. 

If Marcus can't distribute the ball to average players that's one thing. Then he could be Dalton.

That wasn't the issue yesterday. The issue was he successfully distributed the ball to his playmakers and they failed him with drops and turnovers.

Even Brady isn't catching his own passes. What happened when all he has was Gronk at the start of the season?

The Bills tried to take away Davis and Mariota's legs and make the other guys make plays. No one stepped up.

How may possessions do you get in a game? Usually around 11 or 12? How many did we have yesterday? Our game was over 30 mins before the other early games, so probably around 9? Two were ruined by fumbles. One by an interception on a "slant". Another by a guy dropping an easy TD on third down. 

If you cut your offensive possessions in half with mistakes it's not going to be a good day offensively.

Mariota made mistakes for sure, but there was a lot of ugly yesterday, even in the game plan which looked like they wanted to be conservative. You can't play conservative and turn the ball over.

We have got to get better in the red zone.

3 hours ago, TitanSS said:

If Marcus can't distribute the ball to average players that's one thing. Then he could be Dalton.

That wasn't the issue yesterday. The issue was he successfully distributed the ball to his playmakers and they failed him with drops and turnovers.

Even Brady isn't catching his own passes. What happened when all he has was Gronk at the start of the season?

The Bills tried to take away Davis and Mariota's legs and make the other guys make plays. No one stepped up.

How may possessions do you get in a game? Usually around 11 or 12? How many did we have yesterday? Our game was over 30 mins before the other early games, so probably around 9? Two were ruined by fumbles. One by an interception on a "slant". Another by a guy dropping an easy TD on third down. 

If you cut your offensive possessions in half with mistakes it's not going to be a good day offensively.

Mariota made mistakes for sure, but there was a lot of ugly yesterday, even in the game plan which looked like they wanted to be conservative. You can't play conservative and turn the ball over.

We have got to get better in the red zone.

Yeah. Going back to a post I said in another thread. We need an elite playmaking player to take us from being an average team that wins a few more than we lose, to a team that can consistently win 11 plus games.

Wish we did pull off a trade for Gronk.  We need that type guy. 

I think Robinson counted on having sure handed Walker, Matthews and emerging Davis. Then complementing them with Taylor and Sharpe. Actually that combo isn't bad, considering what we are dealing with now. And Robinson had no real reason to doubt those players would be there. Sucks

I can't blame Marcus. I'm just really trying to look at how good he will be. I fully trust Robinson. I think it only takes one time for him to get burned. He will not go into a season again with too much uncertainty.

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Yeah. Going back to a post I said in another thread. We need an elite playmaking player to take us from being an average team that wins a few more than we lose, to a team that can consistently win 11 plus games.

Wish we did pull off a trade for Gronk.  We need that type guy. 

I think Robinson counted on having sure handed Walker, Matthews and emerging Davis. Then complementing them with Taylor and Sharpe. Actually that combo isn't bad, considering what we are dealing with now. And Robinson had no real reason to doubt those players would be there. Sucks

I can't blame Marcus. I'm just really trying to look at how good he will be. I fully trust Robinson. I think it only takes one time for him to get burned. He will not go into a season again with too much uncertainty.

My favorite comparison for Mariota right now is Phillip Rivers with legs. The stats aren't quite there and Rivers has absolutely no injury history, but I think the way the play is similar. 

And yeah, I honestly think Walker alone would take this from an awful group to decent. Mariota doesn't need a full room of playmakers, but he's got to have more than one guy who can hold on to the ball, because it's way too easy for a defense to take away just one guy. Even Gronk was basically eliminated in a couple games while Edelman was out.

Archived