Mariota expectations

deeluxx3

Biggest season of the Young Maestro’s career, and we are finally building an offense that can allow him to thrive. What are you expecting to see from Marcus this year? Floor and ceiling?

before answering, you must watch this video. I’m not crying, you’re crying 

Nice video

As far as Marcus goes he just needs to take a Goff like step in this offense. His completion percentage should be the highest of his career this year with the Titans adding Dion Lewis.

I would like to see him stay healthy win the division 

I’m not great at predicting statistics but would like atleast 3700 yards passing 35 Total TDs and no more than 10 INTs

Honestly, I don't know if he'll have the eye popping bulk stats in year 1. I believe it'll be much better than last year but nothing that'll make folks jump back on the Mariota bandwagon. I'm thinking his efficiency will be much improved though (less TOs, better completion %, better 3rd down conversion rate, ect.) .

If LaFleur stays for year 2, I think that's when his bulk stats will explode along with his efficiency.

3 minutes ago, TitanSlim said:

Honestly, I don't know if he'll have the eye popping bulk stats in year 1. I believe it'll be much better than last year but nothing that'll make folks jump back on the Mariota bandwagon. I'm thinking his efficiency will be much improved though (less TOs, better completion %, better 3rd down conversion rate, ect.) .

If LaFleur stays for year 2, I think that's when his bulk stats will explode along with his efficiency.

agreed. i’d say probably a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, maybe 3500 yards.

I agree with the idea that a second year in this system would truly allow him to EXPLODE as a quarterback. I think we should see a vast improvement from last year, though, as many have said. The reality was last year he was asked over and over again to make extremely difficult throws, and LeFleur’s O is likely going to ask the exact opposite from him. We are going to be throwing to open guys in open spaces...crazy concept!

I think our O will likely sputter for a few weeks, but once it comes into its own, it’ll be hard to contain. Would love for us to get hot in the second half of the season and ride it into the playoffs 

59 minutes ago, -Hope- said:

agreed. i’d say probably a 2:1 TD:INT ratio, maybe 3500 yards.

That's exactly what I predict. Something like 24 TD, 11 INT, 3500 yards and hopefully a career high completion %.

I think what will really thrive this year is our run game with Henry and Lewis in that zone blocking scheme. And if our run game is as good as I think it'll be, then we won't necessarily need Mariota to put up big numbers.

I am a bit nervous about Mariota, which is crazy because coming into last year I had zero worries. I think I would feel better if he wasn't changing systems and mechanics at the same time. I get the feeling he will be overthinking things for several weeks. Hope he gets comfortable after the bye at the latest, and take off. Just hope we see improvement as the season progresses, don't want an offseason of discussions about needing a new QB.

10 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

I know how some feel about Fahey, but pretty interesting stat that isn’t his usual make a Titans player look bad to benefit Marcus. Really speaks to the importance of MM and CD being on the same page.

There's this too:

Gotta figure Corey will get to work the middle of the field more often in this offense.

Over 35 total TD’s no more than 10-12 picks over 3800 yards. I expect him to thrive in this offense, he was very good his 1st yr in a Stone Age offense despite breaking his ankle. It’s all about timing wit Mariota, throwing wit anticipation & playing QB from the pocket. He will take that leap Book it ❗️

40 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Plays off of this, but I thought it was a pretty good line.

That last line is why I was pleased to hear that he lined up inside as the slot multiple times during training camp. It's something I wanted us to do badly last year, but it never happened. With his YAC potential, he has all the makings to be a beast when lined up inside.

Archived