GDT - Week 1 - Steelers at Browns

warfelg

11 hours ago, Thomas5737 said:

He hasn't signed the tag though so I think he could still sign a long term deal, just not after he signs the tag. Not completely sure though. Certainly doesn't seem likely anyway.

No, as @warfelg said, that deadline has passed.   His only options now are to sign the tag and play or not sign the tag and sit.  (and not get paid)

3 minutes ago, JLambert58 said:

No, as @warfelg said, that deadline has passed.   His only options now are to sign the tag and play or not sign the tag and sit.  (and not get paid)

I’ll get this back on track with the game, but he can ask for more money but that won’t happen unless the unthinkable happens. 

He has said/done quite a few conflicting things. “I want to retire a Steeler” has been said quite a number of times; yet when both sides were in the same neighborhood of the contract, he said no and asked for more. Now he’s saying he wants to make as much money as he can, but here he is giving up money. He’s also claimed he won’t play unless it’s a contract where he says he’s valued at.....meaning $14.5 million isn’t good enough for him. So he’s looking at getting more than that. 

As for the game; I think that every good game the Conner had it hurts Bells value more and more. 

And even though it’s gonna be a slopfest running back delight today, a big game from him will put huge amounts of pressure on Bell not just from a future contract but from a show up standpoint to try to put that distance in their play again. 

So im not trying to be the negative nancy but at least on paper lets at least acknowledge the possibility the Browns come out on top. They are seemingly better than previous years. If that were the case I hope we at least show on both sides of the football we are fighting the entire game, playing mistake free football, and making plays.

Now that we got that out of the way I think our Dline could dominate their oline and make it rough for cleveland all day.

27-17 Pittsburgh 

Archived