Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

I’m absolutely certain that no matter what happens, half the people who watch the show will be mad. It’ll be too mushy, too much fan service, too happy, too predictable, too crazy, too depressing, or something like that.

Is there even a way to end this where the majority of viewers come out satisfied?

• Like 7

5 hours ago, pwny said:

I’m absolutely certain that no matter what happens, half the people who watch the show will be mad. It’ll be too mushy, too much fan service, too happy, too predictable, too crazy, too depressing, or something like that.

Is there even a way to end this where the majority of viewers come out satisfied?

Tell a good story and don't worry how the fans will react

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pwny said:

Breaking Bad pulled it off. The Spartacus series pulled it off.

Enrich the story enough and youll grab the people no matter what.

One of D&D was asked about who was harder to write for. Arya or Sansa. And they said Sansa, because for Arya they just tossed ideas on what was the most bad*** thing they could have her do and then do it. Huge mistake now the end is near and storylines need fueling more than fans need servicing. These last 4 or 5 hours of its life, thats plenty of time to storytell so long as theyre done with reunions and jamming people together just for the sake of them getting air time together.

8 hours ago, pwny said:

GoT version of the Dexter finale would be a good start.

2 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Breaking Bad pulled it off. The Spartacus series pulled it off.

Enrich the story enough and youll grab the people no matter what.

One of D&D was asked about who was harder to write for. Arya or Sansa. And they said Sansa, because for Arya they just tossed ideas on what was the most bad*** thing they could have her do and then do it. Huge mistake now the end is near and storylines need fueling more than fans need servicing. These last 4 or 5 hours of its life, thats plenty of time to storytell so long as theyre done with reunions and jamming people together just for the sake of them getting air time together.

I loved Breaking Bad but it’s like comparing chess to checkers. The complexity is infinitely higher for GoT. It’s a huge challenge, even if GRRM assists. I’ve already decided that I’m just going to enjoy the ride. 

34 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

I loved Breaking Bad but it’s like comparing chess to checkers. The complexity is infinitely higher for GoT. It’s a huge challenge, even if GRRM assists. I’ve already decided that I’m just going to enjoy the ride. 

Spartacus had an ending which 3/4 of the people watching knew what was going to happen and all their fates. And they couldnt have nailed the final few episodes more perfect with the stories and known results. With over 4 hours left and all the reunions/heartfelt pandering done. Theres plenty of time to focus on the story, on the battles and wrapup to where the majority are satisfied.

I found people  morons that had no clue as to Spartacus tale. Found some that had followed for 4 seasons and had no clue he was real so far as that goes. They were heavily impacted and surprised by the results. But wouldnt of had it any other way because of the enrichment of their tale/journey. GOT is not a Disney product. This final 4 episode run doesnt need pandering. Just deliver hard on the story now all the fluff scenes are done. And any way its settled, they can hit 90+% satisfied.

26 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

The Dexter finale was pretty trash from what I remember. That show pretty much went to crap after Trinity.

17 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Lol yeah I was joking. Worst ending to a show I followed on a weekly basis that I've ever seen .

The ending to Dexter legitimately was the only time ever I've watched a show and then got actually pissed off afterwards. That was total crap.

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Spartacus had an ending which 3/4 of the people watching knew what was going to happen and all their fates. And they couldnt have nailed the final few episodes more perfect with the stories and known results. With over 4 hours left and all the reunions/heartfelt pandering done. Theres plenty of time to focus on the story, on the battles and wrapup to where the majority are satisfied.

I found people  morons that had no clue as to Spartacus tale. Found some that had followed for 4 seasons and had no clue he was real so far as that goes. They were heavily impacted and surprised by the results. But wouldnt of had it any other way because of the enrichment of their tale/journey. GOT is not a Disney product. This final 4 episode run doesnt need pandering. Just deliver hard on the story now all the fluff scenes are done. And any way its settled, they can hit 90+% satisfied.

Which story? That’s the challenge. You have over 10 stories ongoing, when there are typically maybe 2-3 on the average “complex show” such as Breaking bad. You also have necessary fight scenes to film. So you may only have about 4-5 hours left to wrap-up the stories with a pretty red bow on top. GRRM has struggled wrapping this story up with its level of complexity...so the show runners need to be cut some slack. This is an enormous undertaking that many are refusing to recognize “because show x did it.” There is no show in the history of television that is GoT. It’s unfortunate that we don’t have another two seasons to allow this to play out, but I completely understand why we don’t have two more seasons. People who choose to nitpick and be unhappy are not going to be happy with the shows ending. It’s going to be impossible to have the perfect ending to this show...you might as well just try to enjoy it as much as possible. 

2 hours ago, sammymvpknight said:

Which story? That’s the challenge. You have over 10 stories ongoing, when there are typically maybe 2-3 on the average “complex show” such as Breaking bad. You also have necessary fight scenes to film. So you may only have about 4-5 hours left to wrap-up the stories with a pretty red bow on top. GRRM has struggled wrapping this story up with its level of complexity...so the show runners need to be cut some slack. This is an enormous undertaking that many are refusing to recognize “because show x did it.” There is no show in the history of television that is GoT. It’s unfortunate that we don’t have another two seasons to allow this to play out, but I completely understand why we don’t have two more seasons. People who choose to nitpick and be unhappy are not going to be happy with the shows ending. It’s going to be impossible to have the perfect ending to this show...you might as well just try to enjoy it as much as possible. 

Im not seeing the difference in GOT and Spartacus relating to characters and amount of stories needing to be wrapped up. From Jorah up to Jon all look expendable to me the next 2 episodes. So long as a smooth follow through and transition happens. Theres only a small number that need be safe.

Theres enough time to have battles, skirmishes and such and still deliver a killer story. Look at what Troy did in 2.5 hours, and they started with building characters the first hour. The final 2.5 hours (2 episodes) of GOT doesnt have to differ in the quality of storytelling and delivery. Cause thats what Im saying, so long as the story hits it home, you can satisfy far more than you could by pandering and banking on battles and dragons to carry the torch.

40 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im not seeing the difference in GOT and Spartacus relating to characters and amount of stories needing to be wrapped up. From Jorah up to Jon all look expendable to me the next 2 episodes. So long as a smooth follow through and transition happens. Theres only a small number that need be safe.

Theres enough time to have battles, skirmishes and such and still deliver a killer story. Look at what Troy did in 2.5 hours, and they started with building characters the first hour. The final 2.5 hours (2 episodes) of GOT doesnt have to differ in the quality of storytelling and delivery. Cause thats what Im saying, so long as the story hits it home, you can satisfy far more than you could by pandering and banking on battles and dragons to carry the torch.

But Melisandre hasn't revisited Arya. It's stuff like that. There are still unanswered questions and loose ends from story lines that people will undoubtably gripe about. Certainly, the show runners can ignore those types and details and the equation becomes much more simplistic. Is that you are suggesting? Should those types of details be omitted to "hit home" the story?

1 hour ago, sammymvpknight said:

But Melisandre hasn't revisited Arya. It's stuff like that. There are still unanswered questions and loose ends from story lines that people will undoubtably gripe about. Certainly, the show runners can ignore those types and details and the equation becomes much more simplistic. Is that you are suggesting? Should those types of details be omitted to "hit home" the story?

Some loose ends can be tied up with a built death. Like Aryas. Look how they treated her the past few episodes, especially the first 2 this season. She can bow out gracefully. Though doubt theyll pull the trigger on that, its built in a way that leaves them the ability to. The Hound-Mountain thing is a bit different, Hound hasnt had the grand fireside storytelling group or interactions like Arya has yet. His storyline I dont think can be omitted as others can with a good death.

You know I was watching the first season again and it occurred to me how many coincidences there are between death and life. How much blood and fire plays a part in this series when it comes to those two things. When Bran was lying half dead, it wasnt until Ned killed lady that his eyes popped open. Now that could be coincidence or claravoince but I wonder if Ladies life paid for Brans in exchange by chance. If it's true then I wonder if the same might happen if one or both of Dany and Jon may die and be brought back again by a sacrifice from their animals.