Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Or the show writers were in over their head trying to take the mantel and finish one of the greatest stories ever written. The books will 100% be different than the TV show. The directors didn't even want to work on GOT anymore and got lazy with the writing. 

Let’s hope Martin gets to finish them. At his snail’s pace and his age/constitution, you never know. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can you please tell me how Bran realistically escapes that situation if he's the Night King's real target? But again, according to the show he's not that powerful after all. Hodor and two 14 year old girls were all that it took to protect the most important being in the universe. 

Did the Night King ever seem to be in a hurry to you?  He sees what he thinks is his inevitable victory.  He marked Brann so he could always find him.  He was never in a rush. 

1 minute ago, thrILL! said:

Did the Night King ever seem to be in a hurry to you?  He sees what he thinks is his inevitable victory.  He marked Brann so he could always find him.  He was never in a rush. 

It's still a weak point for me personally. The NK/White Walkers are portrayed as unstoppable in certain situations and then extremely weak in other situations that favor the main characters. That's what I'd call bad/inconsistent writing/character building. 

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The Whites swarmed the dragon and almost killed it within 30 seconds. Almost every other soldier in the army was killed. So it's just inconsistent. If they swarm a dragon they can kill it easily but if they swarm Jon, Jamie, Brienne, or any other important character they're able to fight them off like it's nothing? Lmao. 

Dany STUPIDLY landed the dragon and out in the open no less completely surrounded by wights.  Jamie and the others were in tactical positions.  Jon should’ve climbed on the dragon with her and flown back.  But even so with him surviving overwhelming odds is NOT a plot hole. 

A plot hole would be Cersei being at King’s Landing the entire time and then suddenly being in the crypt at Winterfell after the battle had begun. 

Just now, thrILL! said:

Dany STUPIDLY landed the dragon and out in the open no less completely surrounded by wights.  Jamie and the others were in tactical positions.  Jon should’ve climbed on the dragon with her and flown back.  But even so with him surviving overwhelming odds is NOT a plot hole. 

Jon and Dany were both surrounded on the battlefield alone, why do whites only swarm b-level characters again? 

I'm not sure if the dude that plays the night King is trying to troll people or of we aren't actually done with the night King...

On Twitter he posted sessions of him training/sparring for a sword fighting scene as the night King... A scene we haven't seen.. yet?

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Can you please tell me how Bran realistically escapes that situation if he's the Night King's real target? But again, according to the show he's not that powerful after all. Hodor and two 14 year old girls were all that it took to protect the most important being in the universe. 

Well first off, both three eyed ravens are the target.

The Night King showed up quietly at the tree, so as to not separate Bran from the other Three-Eyed Raven. He is only able to break through the magic that protects the tree because of the mark on Bran and thus logically wouldn't be able to if Bran was not there. Thusly, they arrive on foot, to maintain the element of surprise that would not be afforded with the trampling of horses.

Leaf buys them some time with the explosion, and then Hodor buys them some more time. The Night King isn't in an absurd hurry, he can allow his forces to stalk them, while he makes sure that everything within the tree that is against his purpose is destroyed in case he is no longer able to go back in now that Bran is gone. Meera runs until she can no longer run, pulling Bran behind her. She's just a little girl as you say, so it isn't that long, and we further know it wasn't that long because Bran was warging the entire time. She stops, at which time the White Walkers attack. Benjin appears and gets them out of there. He actually has a horse, unlike this horse that you can't find that the Night King had, and is able to outrun them.

Not really a hard plot to follow, nor is unrealistic.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've mentioned the plot hole a few times in the thread but essentially it's this: 

• In season 6 the NK sees Bran in his vision and marks him so that he can kill the 3ER. 

• The NK immediately goes to the warewood tree and kills the 3ER. 

• Obviously, the NK knows that Bran has the ability of the 3ER. 

• After he kills the 3ER he just lets Bran run. Hodor holds the door and the girl drags Bran through the snow to escape the NK and the whites. 

So you're telling me that the NK had Bran outside of the wall, being defended/dragged by a teenage girl in a blizzard, and was capable of tracking his every movement, why not kill him then? If killing Bran was so important to him that he risked his life and stepped in front of his entire army to deliver the killing blow why didn't he just kill him earlier? He could've easily tracked Bran down in the wilderness and killed him then and there during season 6. How is it that he wasn't concerned with killing Bran at all that day but 2 seasons later takes an extreme risk to kill him. 

It's not a plot hole everything you have talked about has been explained in show.  The NK marked Bran, which broke the magic of the tree.  That is how he was able to kill Bryndon Rivers.  Rivers had already passed the knowledge of the 3ER to Bran however before the NK killed him, so killing Rivers didnt kill the 3ER.  The NK does not know that at the time or he would not have wasted his time killing Rivers.  The Army of the dead is not fast.  It's a slow moving hoard as the show has demonstrated numerous times on screen.  We have seen individual wights move quickly, but everytime we have seen the Army they are just slowly plotting along, Dawn of the dead style.  3 people on horse are faster than the Army, which was once again demonstrated when The scouts had to beat the Army back to Winterfell from Last Hearth.  Again the problem isnt the material.

• Like 1

Just now, pwny said:

Well first off, both three eyed ravens are the target.

The Night King showed up quietly at the tree, so as to not separate Bran from the other Three-Eyed Raven. He is only able to break through the magic that protects the tree because of the mark on Bran and thus logically wouldn't be able to if Bran was not there. Thusly, they arrive on foot, to maintain the element of surprise that would not be afforded with the trampling of horses.

Leaf buys them some time with the explosion, and then Hodor buys them some more time. The Night King isn't in an absurd hurry, he can allow his forces to stalk them, while he makes sure that everything within the tree that is against his purpose is destroyed in case he is no longer able to go back in now that Bran is gone. Meera runs until she can no longer run, pulling Bran behind her. She's just a little girl as you say, so it isn't that long, and we further know it wasn't that long because Bran was warging the entire time. She stops, at which time the White Walkers attack. Benjin appears and gets them out of there. He actually has a horse, unlike this horse that you can't find that the Night King had, and is able to outrun them.

Not really a hard plot to follow.

The Night King is only powerful in certain situations but when it comes to the main characters he's weak and stupid, got it. 

1 minute ago, Superman(DH23) said:

It's not a plot hole everything you have talked about has been explained in show.  The NK marked Bran, which broke the magic of the tree.  That is how he was able to kill Bryndon Rivers.  Rivers had already passed the knowledge of the 3ER to Bran however before the NK killed him, so killing Rivers didnt kill the 3ER.  The NK does not know that at the time or he would not have wasted his time killing Rivers.  The Army of the dead is not fast.  It's a slow moving hoard as the show has demonstrated numerous times on screen.  We have seen individual wights move quickly, but everytime we have seen the Army they are just slowly plotting along, Dawn of the dead style.  3 people on horse are faster than the Army, which was once again demonstrated when The scouts had to beat the Army back to Winterfell from Last Hearth.  Again the problem isnt the material.

The Night King knows that Bran is with the 3ER and possess his powers too. The NK is supposed to be the most bad@ss villain ever but let his second target escape his grasp only to expose himself in front of his huge army and be killed. Again, the NK and the whites are only powerful when dealing with b-level characters, when it comes to the main characters they have no power. Great writing. 

It's still a weak point for me personally. The NK/White Walkers are portrayed as unstoppable in certain situations and then extremely weak in other situations that favor the main characters. That's what I'd call bad/inconsistent writing/character building. 

Tbh I expected the Battle of Winterfell to be 2 parts.  When the NK came face to face with Brann, I was waiting for the credits to kick in. But they finished the battle in one.  Could they have extended the battle?  Sure.  What was your dream scenario for the showdown?  

I anticipated either Arya killing him physically or Brann defeating him on the warg plane.  We get the same result either way so yes it feels like it got resolved quicker than expected but I don’t mind seeing characters at the top of their game (Arya) defeating those who thought they were when they truly weren’t (NK). 

The Night King is only powerful in certain situations but when it comes to the main characters he's weak and stupid, got it. 

If you read slow and purposeful as weak and stupid, that's all on you.

• Like 1

Just now, thrILL! said:

Tbh I expected the Battle of Winterfell to be 2 parts.  When the NK came face to face with Brann, I was waiting for the credits to kick in. But they finished the battle in one.  Could they have extended the battle?  Sure.  What was your dream scenario for the showdown?  

I anticipated either Arya killing him physically or Brann defeating him on the warg plane.  We get the same result either way so yes it feels like it got resolved quicker than expected but I don’t mind seeing characters at the top of their game (Arya) defeating those who thought they were when they truly weren’t (NK). 

I just can't understand how the Whites show one style of combat throughout the battle (swarming their opponents until they're overrun) but don't use that same style against the main characters? Jon, Dany, Jamie, etc were all surrounded at times but the whites got into a single file line to attack them? Um, okay. 

• Like 1