Game of Thrones - Our Watch has Ended

pwny

56 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

D&D chose to only have 13 episodes? HBO offered them the moon to do 20?

**** those guys.

HBO wanted like 10 more seasons. (hence why a prequel is coming out in 2020) 

D&D chose 13 episodes to better spread out the budget more than likely. 

I don't get the D&D hate for wrapping up a story they've put the better part of a decade doing. 

1 minute ago, seminoles1 said:

Yeah, that's bad. I had no idea HBO was ready to do whatever for them and they said "Nah, we good." Like...what?

I think what Parrothead said is what really happened. They got into talks to do the new Star Wars franchise and while working on that, pitching ideas, getting their budgets in order they only put part of their attention into wrapping up this story.

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

I don't get the D&D hate for wrapping up a story they've put the better part of a decade doing. 

Because they are purposefully cutting it short when they didn't have to. If HBO was willing to pony up for the actors, then D&D making the choice they did is a huge letdown for the fans. You know...the reason they make the show.

Like I said, if they didn't want to put the time in when everyone else was game (I'm sure a few actors would have balked at 20, but either HBO ups their salaries or you can abbreviate the stories of those character) then they should have stepped down as showrunners and just been producers or executive producers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

Because their wrapping it up seems halfass even by previous seasons type standards.

Spreading out the budget could be a possibility. But I don't see where the budget was put in episodes 1 and 2. This show which has shown so much intrigue can easily spread out to accomedate 5 to 7 more episodes.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

Because they are purposefully cutting it short when they didn't have to. If HBO was willing to pony up for the actors, then D&D making the choice they did is a huge letdown for the fans. You know...the reason they make the show.

Like I said, if they didn't want to put the time in when everyone else was game (I'm sure a few actors would have balked at 20, but either HBO ups their salaries or you can abbreviate the stories of those character) then they should have stepped down as showrunners and just been producers or executive producers.

I swear I heard the same thing when Breaking Bad was ending "they had more seasons" lol the reason they make the show is it's profitable.

They're ending the show because all things must end, they had one they were working towards since season 6. 

I don't think you realize how much that would change the show, new showrunners means a lot of changes to GOT. Entirely new writers, directors, filming crews etc. Also that's just speculation.

Possible Spoilers Below, Tread Lightly (Really not "spoilers" but this guy has NAILED everything this season and could be from the show)

This gentlemen or gal has nailed everything this season so far. I took out Episode 1, 2, 3 but you can clearly see they nail Episode 4.

Episode 4:

• Euron's fleet take down Rhaegal

• Jame betrays the North and Missande is captured.

• Sansa tells Tyrion that Jon is a Targaryen and he tells Varys. Vary's betrays Dany because he thinks Jon would be a better King.

• Cersei has Missandei executed

Episode 5 and 6:

• Dany's army captures Jaime and Brienne can't reason with him

• Dany has Vary's executed and Dany assaults Kings landing in a one sided fight

• Tyrion ask her to show mercy, Dany refuses. Tyrion frees Jaime and try to get Cersei out of the city.

• Drgon burns Kings landing and Euron's fleet

• Cleganebowl, they both die.

• Jaime fights Euron and kills him but is mortally wounded in exchange.

• Jame makes it to Cersei and they die together.

• Dany starts executing everyone in Kings landing (Tyrion and Jon are upset)

• Tyrion tries to convince Jon to turn on Dany. His family will never be safe because it threatens Dany's legitimacy

• Jon tries to talk to Dany but she ignores him thinkig she is justified.

• Tyrion and Sansa begin to scheme against Dany and to turn Jon against her.

• Sansa will betray Tyrion at the end despite promising to rule together.

• Dany has Tyrion executed for freeing his brother

• Jon's outcome is uncertain: new Nights Watch or dies. Kit apparently shot two different endings for the show.

Does not elaborate but also suspects Jon kills Danny in the throne room but it was shot in private.

Edited by BayRaider

Just now, SwoleXmad said:

I swear I heard the same thing when Breaking Bad was ending "they had more seasons" lol the reason they make the show is it's profitable.

They're ending the show because all things must end, they had one they were working towards since season 6. 

I don't think you realize how much that would change the show, new showrunners means a lot of changes to GOT. Entirely new writers, directors, filming crews etc. Also that's just speculation.

You're thinking of sitcoms. HBO does not want to mess with chemistry and neither would new showrunners unless they were complete idiots.

Plus Breaking Bad ended with being called one of the best shows of all time. GOT had that claim heading into this season. But look up articles after The Long Night and more and more they are turning into bad reviews with each passing episode.

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Possible Spoilers Below, Tread Lightly (Really not "spoilers" but this guy has NAILED everything this season and could be from the show)

I think you need to put that in white text. I didnt want to see and still saw your first couple black dot lines.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

[(spoiler] insert text [/spoiler)] remove the Parentheses to hide text

Edited by Calvert28

5 minutes ago, SwoleXmad said:

I'm not talking about more seasons, I'm talking about 7 more episodes. It's not realistic to keep this going forever, but just 7 more episodes would have fixed so many issues without straining any if the excitement.

The show wouldn't be rushed, plot points wouldn't happen because a character "forgot" a fleet existed even though it had ambushed her armies twice already in less than 6 months and that character was reminded of the fleet in the scene DIRECTLY PRECEDEEING THE AMBUSH, etc. These issues might still be there because D&D are showing their lack of skill, but Jesus Christ they could have fixed a lot of the smaller ones and finished off a lot of the loose ends they have left wide open.

• Like 1