Rapper Mac Miller dead at age 26.

MikeT14

47 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

his tiny desk concert was really good.

He wasn't the best rapper but the production (some of which he did) and melodies on his projects were always really good. 

even when he was alive, guys were always talking about how great of dude he was. like more than anyone else, you'd hear stories about mac helping a ton of guys. and yeah if i ever saw the larry fisherman production, i'd always know it was gonna be some nice stuff. 

Fell off being a fan of his after college but its really both heartwarming and tragic to see how many people loved this kid. Its honestly rare for a rapper to pass and have so much positivity come out about his character. He really helped out alot of guys that were high on creativity and low on marketability, and in the end many went on to break the mould and make it big, bigger than Mac Miller even.

I have to say that there is some sort of cognative dissonance when the NFL has a month dedicated to breast cancer (41K deaths in US per year), a large wave protesting police shootings against black men (19 unarmed black men killed by police in 2017) but not a peep about the heroin and pill epicidemic that kills more people in this country each year than in all years of the Vietnam War combined (72K in 2017). It has to just be based on a lack of marketability in the media. Talk about race and the far left and far right will eat it up and clicbait you to the top. No money in "junkies" dying I suppose.

Archived