Around The League

Bobby816

18 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

Are you really comparing Rosen and Darnold. Rosen is hot garbage. He had Fitz and Johnson that right there says a lot. You can dump the ball to Johnson all day and take a shot or 2 down field. Rosen is trash just like Allen and Jackson. There was only 2 QB in this draft like I said a year ago. Mayfield and Darnold will be around a long time while the other 3 are out of the league in 5 years. 

I don’t think anyone is comparing the two. Just saying that it’s too early to say that Rosen sucks. 

2 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Not for me he does suck. :) I don't see anything that jumps out at me that will make him good.

Fitz is a shell of his former self and they have the worst OL in the league by FAR DJ was Bad last year too.

Are you really comparing Rosen and Darnold. Rosen is hot garbage. He had Fitz and Johnson that right there says a lot. You can dump the ball to Johnson all day and take a shot or 2 down field. Rosen is trash just like Allen and Jackson. There was only 2 QB in this draft like I said a year ago. Mayfield and Darnold will be around a long time while the other 3 are out of the league in 5 years. 

You are dead wrong about Rosen, if the Cards can get a team around him you will find out what kind of player he is, the same thing goes for Darnold. these two guy were the best QB's in last years draft. They both played for two of the worst teams in the NFL

6 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

Agree. 

19 hours ago, jetfuel34 said:

AR Cards probably saying the same thing about Darnold. And Fitz is near the end of the trail. Both Darnold & Rosen both had bad stats in 2018 but that was expected, both were in their first year and played for lousy teams. Go back and look Peyton Manning & Troy Aikman stats for their first year, before you make another immature post again. Another factor is both Rosen & Darnold are very young and Mayfield who was draft the same year is going to be 24 in April, must have been a three year senior. 

Really happy we don't have to worry about this, but with news that Flacco is headed to DEN what's everyones QB carousel shaping out?

• DEN: Joe Flacco / Drew Lock (rd. 1) 
  • JAX: Nick Foles / Daniel Jones (rd. 2) 
  • MIA: Teddy Bridgewater 
  • NYG: Eli Manning / Dwayne Haskins (rd. 1) 
  • WAS: Kyler Murray (rd. 1) / Ryan Tannehill (incentive-laden deal) 

Notes: 

Draft: right or wrong, I see Murray's hype train leading to him being the first QB selected in the draft, followed by Haskins then Lock. The Cutcliffe connection with Coughlin is something to monitor with Jones in round 2 if he makes it out of round 1. Call me old fashioned, but I'm still skeptical of Murray. When he checks in around the same size Russ did, everyone will flock around the idea of him being the top QB in the draft.

Foles to JAX and Teddy to Miami are foregone conclusions in my mind. JAX most prepared to win-now, hired their OC with the presumption they'd get Foles, and Foles will choose there. Miami knows they screwed that up, and Teddy provides them with the situation we were in last year: low-risk, high-reward on a 1 year deal. If successful, Miami will have stumbled into their QBOTF. If not, they'll have successfully tanked for a QB. 

Not sold on where Tannehill lands, but my guess is he takes a similar contract that Teddy did last year in WAS, only to be unseated on draft-day.

Also not sold if the Giants will take Haskins. Intuition says yes, gut says maybe?

2 minutes ago, jetskid007 said:

Really happy we don't have to worry about this, but with news that Flacco is headed to DEN what's everyones QB carousel shaping out?

• DEN: Joe Flacco / Drew Lock (rd. 1) 
  • JAX: Nick Foles / Daniel Jones (rd. 2) 
  • MIA: Teddy Bridgewater 
  • NYG: Eli Manning / Dwayne Haskins (rd. 1) 
  • WAS: Kyler Murray (rd. 1) / Ryan Tannehill (incentive-laden deal) 

Notes: 

Draft: right or wrong, I see Murray's hype train leading to him being the first QB selected in the draft, followed by Haskins then Lock. The Cutcliffe connection with Coughlin is something to monitor with Jones in round 2 if he makes it out of round 1. Call me old fashioned, but I'm still skeptical of Murray. When he checks in around the same size Russ did, everyone will flock around the idea of him being the top QB in the draft.

Foles to JAX and Teddy to Miami are foregone conclusions in my mind. JAX most prepared to win-now, hired their OC with the presumption they'd get Foles, and Foles will choose there. Miami knows they screwed that up, and Teddy provides them with the situation we were in last year: low-risk, high-reward on a 1 year deal. If successful, Miami will have stumbled into their QBOTF. If not, they'll have successfully tanked for a QB. 

Not sold on where Tannehill lands, but my guess is he takes a similar contract that Teddy did last year in WAS, only to be unseated on draft-day.

Also not sold if the Giants will take Haskins. Intuition says yes, gut says maybe?

I could see it shaking out that way. Who do you think we grab as a backup QB?

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I could see it shaking out that way. Who do you think we grab as a backup QB?

1 hour ago, rampantjet said:

probably Brock.... yuck.

Yes probably Brock if not McCown. I think the organization will hold onto Webb as long as they can in hopes of trading him,  but end of the day Gase will want his own guys.

15 hours ago, doumeyer said:

AR Cards probably saying the same thing about Darnold. And Fitz is near the end of the trail. Both Darnold & Rosen both had bad stats in 2018 but that was expected, both were in their first year and played for lousy teams. Go back and look Peyton Manning & Troy Aikman stats for their first year, before you make another immature post again. Another factor is both Rosen & Darnold are very young and Mayfield who was draft the same year is going to be 24 in April, must have been a three year senior. 

Oh here we go again with the Manning and Aikman thing. There are countless QB that started out bad and where bad their entire career. Rivers, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Brady, Marino, and on and on how these guys started out average or above and got better. It is very, very rare a QB starts out bad and becomes good no matter what team they are on. 

Oh here we go again with the Manning and Aikman thing. There are countless QB that started out bad and where bad their entire career. Rivers, Big Ben, Matt Ryan, Brady, Marino, and on and on how these guys started out average or above and got better. It is very, very rare a QB starts out bad and becomes good no matter what team they are on. 

You’re not taking into consideration at all the situation around the QB though. You’re just judging the individual without all the countless x factors like HC, system, OL, skill position help, etc.

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

You’re not taking into consideration at all the situation around the QB though. You’re just judging the individual without all the countless x factors like HC, system, OL, skill position help, etc.

I agree, and don't forget age, Darnold & Rosen are very young. Darnold will be 21 for most of the upcoming season. Unitas & John Brody did start till they were 23 years old.

Archived