Week 1: Other games

Klomp

2 minutes ago, Klomp said:

I understand that going low on the quarterback is illegal now. But they should say that, and not lump it in with what everyone knows as “roughing the passer” penalties. Only adds to the confusion and frustration of fans.

I do not like that call Donald. Seriously, what else was he suppose to do? Good effort and shoulda been a sack by Donald.

3 minutes ago, marshpit23 said:

I do not like that call Donald. Seriously, what else was he suppose to do? Good effort and shoulda been a sack by Donald.

It sucks, but you either have to get back up and tackle him above the knees or let him go.

This one actually isn't new this year. I remember Vikings got penalized for it last year, I think maybe Tom Johnson?

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

It sucks, but you either have to get back up and tackle him above the knees or let him go.

This one actually isn't new this year. I remember Vikings got penalized for it last year, I think maybe Tom Johnson?

Yeah, I know. I just don’t like it. 

Raiders started off playing with a lot of emotion and energy. Lynch was in full beast mode, Cook exploited the Ram’s safety’s and linebackers. Even Chucky was pumped up and came up with a decent game plan. Then the second half happened. The Rams are the better team; they dominated. So much talent everywhere. And I didn’t even notice Donald or Suh ?. They are going to be a tough team to beat. 

That whole game toyed with my emotions as a fantasy football owner.

Came into the night counting a loss in my money league. I had accepted it. Then Jared Cook went bonkers in the first half. I was only down maybe 6 points at half, with my Cook going against my opponent's Rams DST. Oakland had 13 points at half, which meant one second-half score would drop their DST three points to the next rung for points allowed. And with Cook's huge half, I figured it was a cinch to get another 3 points in this PPR league.

Nothing. Rams DST extended the lead with an INT. Then it happened. With 8:29 left, Cook caught a 32-yard pass to give me a one-point lead. Win sealed. Next play? That awful lob pass, which I believe was Carr attempting (horribly) to throw it away. Negative-2 points. Alright, no big deal. Plenty of time to get another pass or two to Cook. Rams ice almost 5 minutes off the clock. When Oakland finally gets the ball, they go right to Cook on the first play, again giving me the lead right back. Two plays later, Carr throws a pick-6. It's probably over, but they weren't done toying with me. A 27-yard pass to Cook. I'm only down 2 points at this point. I'm not picky, I'll gladly take a garbage-time TD either from Cook or by anyone to lower the Rams DST score. With the ball at about the 40 and 13 seconds left, plenty of time for a garbage score. Nope, 8 yard dump-off to freakin' Jalen Richard.

Just plain mean to play with my emotions like that!

5 hours ago, Klomp said:

That whole game toyed with my emotions as a fantasy football owner.

Came into the night counting a loss in my money league. I had accepted it. Then Jared Cook went bonkers in the first half. I was only down maybe 6 points at half, with my Cook going against my opponent's Rams DST. Oakland had 13 points at half, which meant one second-half score would drop their DST three points to the next rung for points allowed. And with Cook's huge half, I figured it was a cinch to get another 3 points in this PPR league.

Nothing. Rams DST extended the lead with an INT. Then it happened. With 8:29 left, Cook caught a 32-yard pass to give me a one-point lead. Win sealed. Next play? That awful lob pass, which I believe was Carr attempting (horribly) to throw it away. Negative-2 points. Alright, no big deal. Plenty of time to get another pass or two to Cook. Rams ice almost 5 minutes off the clock. When Oakland finally gets the ball, they go right to Cook on the first play, again giving me the lead right back. Two plays later, Carr throws a pick-6. It's probably over, but they weren't done toying with me. A 27-yard pass to Cook. I'm only down 2 points at this point. I'm not picky, I'll gladly take a garbage-time TD either from Cook or by anyone to lower the Rams DST score. With the ball at about the 40 and 13 seconds left, plenty of time for a garbage score. Nope, 8 yard dump-off to freakin' Jalen Richard.

Just plain mean to play with my emotions like that!

I went to bed before the end but I lost by 1 because the Rams kicker missed a kick. He did have a lot of points though

Archived