Official Sunshine Thread 2018

Apollo Stallion

There will be no true sunshine until Bill O'Brien's incompetence quits darkening our sky, but I'll try to see thru it to recognize these guys.

• Will Fuller - 8/113/1 including tough short passes in traffic and beautiful catch on bomb
  • Nuk - 6/110 altho the last catch was 21 yards too short or 17 second too long (not his fault)
  • Watt got pressure (but couldn't finish again) and 2 TFL 
  • 2nd straight great game from Kareem (but keeps celebrating and got punk'd for it by Davis)
  • Justin Reid - first start was rock solid - essentially a sack on intentional grounding
  • Lamar Miller - 68 yards on only 14 carries
  • Albert Blue - 36 yards on only 7
  • Duke Ejiofor - 1st career sack - played hurt and didn't draw a 15 yard penalty in street clothes
  • DJ Reader - has elevated his game vs. invisible Clowney/Mercilus
  • Joseph - had a missed tackles like everyone, but second straight week he's thrown a near shut out on receivers - Davis and Dorsett weren't his men  - I'd give Mathieu an assist since he's protecting deep, but horrific tackling form allowing Taylor Td on a screen pass prohibits praise
  • Martinis Rankin - Kelemete was a penalty drawing blitz missing mess - Davenport was dumb (false starts) and lazy, slow pass protector - Rankin wasn't perfect, but was competent in his first start at LT. Didn't see Fulton or Martin screw up and run game was solid.
  • Cleveland Browns - ain't were not CLEVELAND (or detroit)

Our 3rd round picks have all looked solid. rankin, Reid and Atkins might all be long term starters. 

Lots of sunshine. Watson looked much better after the slow start. It’s east to forget that most of our starters saw almost no pre season action. Again a coaching mishap. 

This is a big IF but I think it’s possible that we could have two 1,000 WRs. Fuller has been a really nice pick but he can’t stay healthy ever. 

Ejofor is looking like a steal in the 6th round. He was solid in the pre season and very solid today. There isn’t any reason to pay Clowney. We need to trade him and get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. Or maybe we can get a team to trade us a starting CB. 

Kareem Jackson has had a bounce back year. I like our 5 man secondary. There just isn’t any depth behind those guys. It’s still hard to get over losing Bouye when we’ve had left over cap space every season. 

I think a good young coach, who isn’t gonna try and replicate some other franchise, can come in and win 11 games his first year. 

I am still positive that Rankin and Davenport will be our tackles for years to come. Kelemete is looking like someone who needs to be a swing lineman. 

18 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

Watt got pressure (but couldn't finish again) and 2 TFL 

I'm starting to see flashes of the old Watt, but it's inconsistent. It seems as if he's too regimented, he's playing to the scheme. 

When he was at his peak, his football IQ was near guru-level - he'd do his own thing and make a spectacular play. Wade Phillips pretty much let him do that knowing that more good would happen than bad. I don't know if this is Romeo saying "Here's the scheme, just run the play" or if Watt is being tentative because it's been so long since he's been such an impact player.

It's promising, it's a step in the right direction - but I feel as if there's more left on the table, and hopefully two good outings will let Watt play loose and fast like he used to.

16 hours ago, tab said:

lamar miller looked good. i think we could try to get him involved a little bit more in the passing game

Both Miller and Blue look really good, and Watson looks good when he's running (actually running, not just dancing around). 

As much as we'd like to see Watson throw the ball around the yard, I think we need to see a few games where Miller and Blue get the ball very early and often, like 25+ carries for Miller and 15+ carries for Blue.

It's working, use it.

18 hours ago, Apollo Stallion said:

DJ Reader - has elevated his game vs. invisible Clowney/Mercilus

He completely stonewalled Derrick Henry on an inside draw, just came across his face mask and dropped him for no gain.

I've asked before, I'll ask again - why was this guy available in the 6th? He's Casey Hampton reborn, just a beast in the trench. 

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

Both Miller and Blue look really good, and Watson looks good when he's running (actually running, not just dancing around). 

As much as we'd like to see Watson throw the ball around the yard, I think we need to see a few games where Miller and Blue get the ball very early and often, like 25+ carries for Miller and 15+ carries for Blue.

It's working, use it.

Watson has lost some quickness. He still has some speed and is still a great athlete, but hes a step slower, hopefully thats just something that will take time to come back. They say it takes a full year to get back from an ACL tear.

But it was week 3 before he broke out last year, so hopefully the giants will feel the wrath of the Texans. 

So, the Bears are completely decimating the Seahawks OL. There's sunshine in this because Duane Brown is basically dead weight out there - even with our bad OL, he wouldn't help. We got out of that at the right time.

But I'm bummed, because THIS is what you do against a bad OL - you attack relentlessly, just bring the heat.

1 hour ago, ET80 said:

So, the Bears are completely decimating the Seahawks OL. There's sunshine in this because Duane Brown is basically dead weight out there - even with our bad OL, he wouldn't help. We got out of that at the right time.

But I'm bummed, because THIS is what you do against a bad OL - you attack relentlessly, just bring the heat.

and we have their pick! Duane is still helping us out, what a guy

Archived