Week 2 GDT: Detroit Lions At San Francisco 49ers

J-ALL-DAY

1 minute ago, Forge said:

It's got to be the line, right? I haven't watched them this year, but the talent at the skill positions is fine (except tight end), and Bradford is often competent if nothing more. 

I had AZ as one of the sleepers but they just look flat out terrible. Did nothing vs Washington and are getting embarrassed today. The OL must be STRAIGHT garbage if that is the reason for their incompetence. 

1 minute ago, mw2noobbuster said:

The Bradford effect. 

Thats the thing though - Bradford is much better than what they had last year. I mean, he's a starting quarterback level quarterback for the most part. Not a good one, but still, last year they were rolling out there with Gabbert and Stanton, so it's an improvement. Yet the offense honestly looks much worse. 

Maybe people weren't giving Arians enough credit. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I had AZ as one of the sleepers but they just look flat out terrible. Did nothing vs Washington and are getting embarrassed today. The OL must be STRAIGHT garbage if that is the reason for their incompetence. 

I just remembered - they lost Arians. Probably a bigger loss than most people anticipated. 

Just now, Forge said:

Thats the thing though - Bradford is much better than what they had last year. I mean, he's a starting quarterback level quarterback for the most part. Not a good one, but still, last year they were rolling out there with Gabbert and Stanton, so it's an improvement. Yet the offense honestly looks much worse. 

Maybe people weren't giving Arians enough credit. 

Wasn't the ARI offense under Arian's last year pretty bad though? 

1 minute ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Wasn't the ARI offense under Arian's last year pretty bad though? 

But that's what I'm saying - they were running out there with Stanton and Gabbert. It was always going to be terrible, especially with no offensive line and no david johnson. 

this year, they improved at quarterback, got Iupati back and signed Pugh, got DJ back...yet the offense is worse. 

So the big missing piece there is Arians. 

Archived