A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

9 hours ago, Yibbyl said:

If Alexander stays and can continue to produce, cool. We still should be bringing in someone to replace him because his days are numbered. Having someone ready to take over who already knows the system is a better plan than reacting to his departure or downturn in quality of play, which would then force a newb to suddenly learn the system and hopefully produce. A seamless transition would be better...if we could even make that happen. The reality though is that we probably needed to do that last year because Alexander could easily retire after this season.

Oh I agree that having someone behind him and learning is key. I think it was the wording in the previous post that through me off. I don't think he needs to be replaced as long as he is willing to keep playing. Which IMO there are no signs of him calling it quits and he has said a few things that have me to believe he wants to be back.

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Oh I agree that having someone behind him and learning is key. I think it was the wording in the previous post that through me off. I don't think he needs to be replaced as long as he is willing to keep playing. Which IMO there are no signs of him calling it quits and he has said a few things that have me to believe he wants to be back.

if kyle and alexander are willing to do a contract of 1 year 5 mil or less I would be all for them coming back another year. I would also like to resign Jordan Phillips. He is a great rotational DT and has that fire on the field. If he continues to play like he has since joining the bills i think he get resigned at a reasonable deal. that can straighten out the DT for the year and they will only have holes at Cb2 and backup LB

1 hour ago, soflbillsfan said:

if kyle and alexander are willing to do a contract of 1 year 5 mil or less I would be all for them coming back another year. I would also like to resign Jordan Phillips. He is a great rotational DT and has that fire on the field. If he continues to play like he has since joining the bills i think he get resigned at a reasonable deal. that can straighten out the DT for the year and they will only have holes at Cb2 and backup LB

That all looks good to me. I love Jordan Phillips. He reminds me of when we brought in Anthony Hargrove a while back, he has a nice swagger every team needs. 

If we have the type of free agency similar to the Bears had last year, I would love to get Greedy Williams (I know you love him too) or a legit DE to really put the D over the top.

With the NFL putting NFC East teams on primetime so dang much i have seen several Cowboys games. I think DeMarcus Lawrence is the real deal and he could pair up with Hughes since they play opposite sides would be nasty. I definitely would like to pay this guy and let murphy go if possible. 

36 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

With the NFL putting NFC East teams on primetime so dang much i have seen several Cowboys games. I think DeMarcus Lawrence is the real deal and he could pair up with Hughes since they play opposite sides would be nasty. I definitely would like to pay this guy and let murphy go if possible. 

Theres no way he hits the open market. That would be beyond an awful decision from Cowboys. Dude is legit as hell. 

1 hour ago, Trentwannabe said:

Unfortunately I agree. 

12 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

Theres no way he hits the open market. That would be beyond an awful decision from Cowboys. Dude is legit as hell. 

Well they are talking extensions for both Dak and Cooper but not Lawrence so anything is possible. They will be strapped for cap with only 40 mil and if those 2 get their extensions its goign to be even less not to mention Zeke going to get one after next years season. Also with Jerry Jones you never know what to expect

3 minutes ago, soflbillsfan said:

Well they are talking extensions for both Dak and Cooper but not Lawrence so anything is possible. They will be strapped for cap with only 40 mil and if those 2 get their extensions its goign to be even less not to mention Zeke going to get one after next years season. Also with Jerry Jones you never know what to expect

Prescott yes, but there is a chance they wait until next year to do so.

Cooper will be under the 5th year option next year so there's no rush.

Zeke is only in his 3rd year and as a first round pick he can't negotiate a long term deal until after year 4 which is next off-season but they'll pick up his 5th year option anyway and he'll be secured through 2020.

Dallas is run by some smart business people, they'll get Lawrence under contract and likely prorate a big signing bonus so his cap hit next year isn't bad.

36 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

Prescott yes, but there is a chance they wait until next year to do so.

Cooper will be under the 5th year option next year so there's no rush.

Zeke is only in his 3rd year and as a first round pick he can't negotiate a long term deal until after year 4 which is next off-season but they'll pick up his 5th year option anyway and he'll be secured through 2020.

Dallas is run by some smart business people, they'll get Lawrence under contract and likely prorate a big signing bonus so his cap hit next year isn't bad.

already said extensions were in the works and wanted them done before the offseason started for cooper and dak. He will likely stay in Dallas but if he is available they should jump on it because both Hughes and him can be a force and at this point they have a ton and if it upgrades the defense even more they should pull the trigger.

kareem hunt was just released from the Chiefs for violence against a woman that was on video that happened in February. I do not think it is okay to harm a woman however i feel like it wasnt as bad as certain claims such as Ray Rice or Joe Mixon. I think the incident was unfortunate and should have not pushed her but think it has been blown up by the media. With that said I would like to see the bills go out and get him his talent is there and worth the risk of getting backlash. 2 years left on his rookie contract that is dirt cheap and could be the answer to inheriting the job from Shady. Am I the only one who thinks that this would be a good pick up even though the backlash will hurt them this year? I do not expect Hunt to be able to play any time soon but long term to me may be worth it.

38 minutes ago, Trentwannabe said:

I just don't see any way Beane or McDermott want that press that comes with the signing. Maybe in a few months if it has all blown over so to speak. My guess is a team signs him before Christmas and stashes him for next season.

I said when the Shady allegations came out that I wouldn't want him on the team if true. I dont know why a guy not even on our team would be any different. His "apology" was pathetic as well.

2 hours ago, LeeEvans said:

I said when the Shady allegations came out that I wouldn't want him on the team if true. I dont know why a guy not even on our team would be any different. His "apology" was pathetic as well.

it wasnt a big deal of shoving her and a guy. the kick at the end was unnecessary but not egregious. If the bills were going to pick him up they would have to do it now on the waiver wire to get the current deal he is on which is pennies. Some team will have him by Monday its well worth the risk especially after the redskins picked up Ruben Foster who beat his wife several times. What baffles me is you draft guys like Tyreek Hill who punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach and then quickly cut Hunt after this even though the chick came back at him several times called him a N pushed a chick he was dating and tried punching someone. The girl is just as responsible as Hunt is and if it was a big deal on the tapes the cops would have arrested him right then and there but its clearly tmz drumming up their business jsut like they did with Zay and Shady in the past

Archived