A Very Early Look at the 2019 Offseason

Nick

On 10/28/2018 at 6:22 PM, soflbillsfan said:

who are they pressuring in to drafting? I think they are involved to a point like every owner is and they have the right to as they are the ones dropping millions on people. I dont think they are saying this guy is better then the other over what the scouts say.

My wording/explanation may have been poor here. I didn't mean pressuring as in "Go and draft this guy, no exceptions" type of pressure. What I meant more along the lines was having the owner(s) give an opinion on a decision/player and the people under them wanting to please them and make them happy by giving them something/someone they seek highly of. Obviously there is no proof of this happening but you never really know what happens behind closed doors. Just sucks seeing so much failure come into this city on a yearly basis. And I'm not even just talking about the football team, it's all of them (minus the Beauts).

12 hours ago, DER10N92 said:

My wording/explanation may have been poor here. I didn't mean pressuring as in "Go and draft this guy, no exceptions" type of pressure. What I meant more along the lines was having the owner(s) give an opinion on a decision/player and the people under them wanting to please them and make them happy by giving them something/someone they seek highly of. Obviously there is no proof of this happening but you never really know what happens behind closed doors. Just sucks seeing so much failure come into this city on a yearly basis. And I'm not even just talking about the football team, it's all of them (minus the Beauts).

That can be said with every organization when it comes to them being involved. I think they have placed their input as they have the right just like every owner but nothing to much to the point where they are Jerry Jones esq. Gm Presidents know that they need to make the owner happy but also have to do whats best for the team. Bringing wins to the table is all the owners care about if they cant bring them the wins then they know their job will be on the line at some point. So appeasing the owners to an extent but going with what you believe is the right move and thats on beane and mcdermott. 

now that the bills put themselves out of top 5 they are likely out of the runnings for Bosa and Oliver. I know people may not want to hear this but Greedy Williams LSU CB would be a huge get if bills are drafting between 5-10. He is the best Corner in the draft a complete shutdown corner that would play opposite to Tre and with Poyer and Hyde back their and Turon in the slot it would be a qb nightmare. Tom is eventually going to retire and you have Darnold, Tannehill in the division who make mistakes with these 5 in the def backfield it could be a disaster for opponents. Im starting to be okay with Jonah Williams but to play RT and leave Dawkins at LT. I see Teller showing improvement over ducasse so he may be a good lock for LG or swing him to Rg if they bring in a veteran. It is still to early as we have 6 games left to see if he is the real deal or not.

3 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

now that the bills put themselves out of top 5 they are likely out of the runnings for Bosa and Oliver. I know people may not want to hear this but Greedy Williams LSU CB would be a huge get if bills are drafting between 5-10. He is the best Corner in the draft a complete shutdown corner that would play opposite to Tre and with Poyer and Hyde back their and Turon in the slot it would be a qb nightmare. Tom is eventually going to retire and you have Darnold, Tannehill in the division who make mistakes with these 5 in the def backfield it could be a disaster for opponents. Im starting to be okay with Jonah Williams but to play RT and leave Dawkins at LT. I see Teller showing improvement over ducasse so he may be a good lock for LG or swing him to Rg if they bring in a veteran. It is still to early as we have 6 games left to see if he is the real deal or not.

I love Greedy Williams. Love, love, love him. I agree if we are in the 5-10 range he should be the target. 

I really hope we bring in Andy Dickerson as OL coach and maybe give a big payday to Roger Saffold (who I don't believe the Rams will afford) to man the LG spot and flip Teller over to RG (like you mentioned). 

We've spent a lot of time talking about the guys we want to bring in. Here is a list (albeit very short) of who I want the Bills to re-sign.

QB Matt Barkley - 2 year back up deal
DT Kyle Williams -another 1 year deal
LB Zo Alexander - see above
DT Jordan Phillips - multi year deal. He's been awesome.

4 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

We've spent a lot of time talking about the guys we want to bring in. Here is a list (albeit very short) of who I want the Bills to re-sign.

QB Matt Barkley - 2 year back up deal
DT Kyle Williams -another 1 year deal
LB Zo Alexander - see above
DT Jordan Phillips - multi year deal. He's been awesome.

Matt Barkley had one good game he is definitely worth keeping around as well as Anderson in order to groom Allen. Kyle Williams is done after the year Ill be surprised he makes it back as he was 95% set on retiring before 2018 season. I agree on resigning Alexander if he does want to continue to play as well. Phillips can definitely stick around but will he start because his playing time was cut short in Miami and he threw a temper tantrum there before getting released. If he is paid here and doesnt get the allotted time he expects will he pull the same stunt?

9 minutes ago, bigbadbuff23835 said:

Zay for the underneath stuff, Thompson and Foster for the deep balls. Now we only need a big bodied receiver that’s a redzone threat....

Think Jason Croom can fill that niche. 

And Zay in college used to be able to go up and get then in the redzone. I'd like to see us use him more in those situations. Especially now that he is starting to break out.

5 hours ago, soflbillsfan said:

Matt Barkley had one good game he is definitely worth keeping around as well as Anderson in order to groom Allen. Kyle Williams is done after the year Ill be surprised he makes it back as he was 95% set on retiring before 2018 season. I agree on resigning Alexander if he does want to continue to play as well. Phillips can definitely stick around but will he start because his playing time was cut short in Miami and he threw a temper tantrum there before getting released. If he is paid here and doesnt get the allotted time he expects will he pull the same stunt?

I think Phillips can be a starter full time, especially if Williams doesn't come back. I also don't know if temper tantrum is correct lol. He was unhappy that he got taken out of a game when they were being blown out. I like that. Too many guys want to protect themselves. 

Archived