@mccloughanscot is on twitter and very active

Ghostnote

56 minutes ago, Slateman said:

I can believe Shanahan or the Redskins Front Office. Only one of them has been caught lying and smearing people behind their back.

You're making an implicit assumption here: that either party lies all the time. It's entirely possible that each could be lying at different times (Shanahan with the RG3 thing, Front office with McCloughan).

In the long run, it's probably just better to assume that everyone involved will lie in order to make themselves look the best that they can after a massive crapfest.

On September 10, 2017 at 11:55 AM, Slateman said:

I'm sorry, but the losses regarding Mike Shanahan's tenure are 100% on Snyder and Allen. Shanahan told them not to draft RG III.

Even if we are to believe that Shanahan didn't want rg3 - and I don't - going into 2012 he was 11-21 as our HC. After Jenkins tore his ACL in 2011 - who was drafted a round early - 2 of our starting DL got hurt in 2012 & Orakpo got hurt, he failed to rebuild the defense. He did a horrible job drafting defensive players save Kerrigan - even though he passed on better players in Watt and Quinn - and he couldn't draft a good secondary player to save his life!

He also let Lorenzo Alexander go because he didn't agree to match his AZ contract which was one of the reasons why we had historically bad special teams under Shanahan's last few years.

I'll never understand how you can watch Carrker & Bowen go down and not draft 2 DL in the next draft.

How can you let Landry and Atogwe Walk and waste the franchise tag on Fred Davis in 2012?

Huge mistake!

Landry should have been franchised in 2012, Atogwe should have been kept in 2012 and we could have still signed Meriweather for $1 million to compete with Atogwe for the starting FS spot.

On 9/10/2017 at 10:55 PM, Woz said:

You're making an implicit assumption here: that either party lies all the time. It's entirely possible that each could be lying at different times (Shanahan with the RG3 thing, Front office with McCloughan).

In the long run, it's probably just better to assume that everyone involved will lie in order to make themselves look the best that they can after a massive crapfest.

If Bruce Allen's mouth is moving, he's lying to you. That's all he's there for. He's basically a politician.

6 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Even if we are to believe that Shanahan didn't want rg3 - and I don't - going into 2012 he was 11-21 as our HC. After Jenkins tore his ACL in 2011 - who was drafted a round early - 2 of our starting DL got hurt in 2012 & Orakpo got hurt, he failed to rebuild the defense. He did a horrible job drafting defensive players save Kerrigan - even though he passed on better players in Watt and Quinn - and he couldn't draft a good secondary player to save his life!

He also let Lorenzo Alexander go because he didn't agree to match his AZ contract which was one of the reasons why we had historically bad special teams under Shanahan's last few years.

I'll never understand how you can watch Carrker & Bowen go down and not draft 2 DL in the next draft.

How can you let Landry and Atogwe Walk and waste the franchise tag on Fred Davis in 2012?

Huge mistake!

Landry should have been franchised in 2012, Atogwe should have been kept in 2012 and we could have still signed Meriweather for $1 million to compete with Atogwe for the starting FS spot.

All of that pales in comparison to giving up what they did to get Griffin.

14 hours ago, Slateman said:

If Bruce Allen's mouth is moving, he's lying to you. That's all he's there for. He's basically a politician.

All of that pales in comparison to giving up what they did to get Griffin.

If Shanahan's mouth is moving he's already lied to you and is about to do it again. They both lie constantly 

37 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If Shanahan's mouth is moving he's already lied to you and is about to do it again. They both lie constantly 

Personally a competent organization would have never allowed a coach with no winning seasons in 3 years trade that type of capital with the roster as in filled as ours currently was at that time. Like you don't trade those kind of picks withough having invested in the trenches heavily the previous years!!! We didn't. Now if you told me we lost Kirk and had a chance to trade up for Rosen if the Colts or a team was willing to trade their pick if Luck was to miss the season I could be okay with it. One reason Rosen or even Darnald aren't relying on their running ability to put up highlights. Both play from the pocket and have experience reading defenses in college. Both have NFL arms. Both seem to have that big moment trait. That said I'd like to believe Kirk will not only improve, but he actually progresses from his best moments he's shown to date because he's fully capable. Of course all this is dependent on him doing it and actually putting a pen to a multi year deal because another year of the franchise game and I'll probably just lose it lol

5 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Personally a competent organization would have never allowed a coach with no winning seasons in 3 years trade that type of capital with the roster as in filled as ours currently was at that time. Like you don't trade those kind of picks withough having invested in the trenches heavily the previous years!!! We didn't. Now if you told me we lost Kirk and had a chance to trade up for Rosen if the Colts or a team was willing to trade their pick if Luck was to miss the season I could be okay with it. One reason Rosen or even Darnald aren't relying on their running ability to put up highlights. Both play from the pocket and have experience reading defenses in college. Both have NFL arms. Both seem to have that big moment trait. That said I'd like to believe Kirk will not only improve, but he actually progresses from his best moments he's shown to date because he's fully capable. Of course all this is dependent on him doing it and actually putting a pen to a multi year deal because another year of the franchise game and I'll probably just lose it lol

The Redskins had a solid line for that they did though. People forget that we drafted Trent Williams in 2010, signed Kory L (a perfect ZBS G/C), signed Chester (a perfect ZBS G), traded for Jammal Brown (to play RT who played avg to above when healthy), signed Polumbus who wasn't great as a pass blocker but again he was great at the ZBS. This line had one year of greatness bc of RG3 mostly, another year of being good bc of Morris and s 3rd year of being slightly above avg w/ Morris.

Then, Callahan came in and our running game went from at worst avg to below average to now abysmal.

On defense we trade for Carriker in 2010 who became a starter, Drafted Riley who became a starter and signed Bowen and Cofield in 2011 and Drafted Jarvis Jenkins (although a round early). 

The problem is as I constantly keep saying and have for 5 years, Carriker, Bowen and Orakpo all got hurt in 2012. You can't take 20 sacks off your defense and expect the same results. On top of that, Jenkins tore his ACL vs the Ravens after showing some promise in camp and preseason.

The problem I have is that after Carriker & Bowen got hurt we didn't move on from them soon enough. If you lose 2 interior DL who can give you 5 sacks a year and you don't draft 1 DL early and 1 mid to late, that's a huge mistake and Shanahan didn't.

Archived