The un-HYPEd Thread

haveyoumetdustin

9 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Cool, they ran just as many pick plays as screens.  😉  Is it me or does it seem Smith, Benenoch, and Dotson always seem so high.  I know they are very large men, but I would think a little more knee bend  would keep them reaching so much and getting off balance.  3 more games just hoping no more major injuries at this point.

I just thought it was funny that even our pick plays are vertical routes. 😂

1 hour ago, ravishingone said:

Quite the turnaround and even more impressive considering the injuries we’ve had at LB and in the secondary.

The Koetter era will be remembered for us having a fairly talented roster and failing to get anywhere near the potential of the team.

33 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

Quite the turnaround and even more impressive considering the injuries we’ve had at LB and in the secondary.

The Koetter era will be remembered for us having a fairly talented roster and failing to get anywhere near the potential of the team.

Koetter s loyalty ultimately scuttled his head coaching career.  Plus, his selective accountability to players and coaching staff was a issue.  It is interesting Licht did interview McDermott before Koetter was hired.  Now we 'll never know how much influence Licht had the hiring process. He certainly had no say in the hiring of Lovie.   However, if the coaching staff under achieved and the job of the GM is to only acquire talent, how much of the record is on the GM?  All GMs have misses, including McKay.  Trust me that defense that was assembled should have won more then it did.  McKay gets credit for drafting the defense, but he was responsible for the offense.  I guess we 'll find out in about 2 1/2 weeks.

3 hours ago, bucsfan333 said:

One thing to note with Licht is that he only chose one HC. He was Lovie's pick. I don't know if that factors in or not. But Licht surviving two HCs isn't really a genuine notion when he didn't pick them both.

Hypothetical, if Licht stays.  Last round, Bucs interviewed Koetter, McDermott, and Goodwin.  So they didn t interview any candidate outside of a tie to Licht.

Well there is the Andy Reid connection with Bieniemy and John Harbaugh.  The Hoodie tree is available.  Arians, Bettcher, and Kinchens from Arizona.  Really have no clue what the Glazers are going to do.

15 hours ago, ravishingone said:

Hypothetical, if Licht stays.  Last round, Bucs interviewed Koetter, McDermott, and Goodwin.  So they didn t interview any candidate outside of a tie to Licht.

Well there is the Andy Reid connection with Bieniemy and John Harbaugh.  The Hoodie tree is available.  Arians, Bettcher, and Kinchens from Arizona.  Really have no clue what the Glazers are going to do.

Licht shouldn’t stay. His FA decision in letting guys go and seeing them successful elsewhere. He let the wrong folks go and created holes at safety , LT, Guard. 

7 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

Licht shouldn’t stay. His FA decision in letting guys go and seeing them successful elsewhere. He let the wrong folks go and created holes at safety , LT, Guard. 

How much of that is Licht and how much of that is Licht doing what Koetter and the coaching staff want to do? 

I think that's the real question.

15 hours ago, ravishingone said:

4 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

How much of that is Licht and how much of that is Licht doing what Koetter and the coaching staff want to do? 

I think that's the real question.

I think both should go. Collecting talent and building a team are completely different. He’s whiffed a lot more than he’s won. I think a fresh rebuild is what’s needed. Bc keeping Licht we keep the same philosophy. 

2 minutes ago, REDandPEWTER said:

I think both should go. Collecting talent and building a team are completely different. He’s whiffed a lot more than he’s won. I think a fresh rebuild is what’s needed. Bc keeping Licht we keep the same philosophy. 

To be fair, missing happens everywhere, all the time. And missing more often than not is the norm across the league.

You don't see it have much effect with teams like New England and Pittsburgh because they have HoF QBs and good coaching. But they miss just as much as anyone else.

I do agree about the philosophy part though. Licht, if retained, would find a HC with a similar mindset to him and we'd see more of the same types of guys brought in. The question then would be what differences there would be scheme wise on both sides of the ball.

Archived