NFL 2018 Week 2 Game Day Thread

TecmoSuperJoe

26 minutes ago, Forge said:

Potential and reputation. I think most people still view Carr as having a ceiling higher than his current play, where as Dalton is pretty much "he is what he is" territory. Derek Carr currently is probably more akin to Andy Dalton circa 2015. 

Carr has less of a "negative" rep too. When people think of Dalton, it seems to be a mostly negative narrative. What I mean is that they focus on the primetime efforts. The playoffs. The putrid long ball. People don't really exalt any of Andy Daltons good qualities. While you don't see many people praising Carr a ton (though he does throw a mighty pretty ball and one that is better than Dalton), they don't really denigrate him yet either. 

Carr has the better skill set overall too (though Dalton doesn't get the credit he probably deserves for being as good as he is despite his being limited) 

Derek Carr is not at all better than Andy Dalton. Thats the facts. Think whatever the hell you want but know you are wrong.

Derek Carr is so good that he went 100/102 passing that netted 19 points  in a loss and he signed a 125m deal. Enjoy that

Dalton last 3 years- 80 TDs , 11,500 yards

Carr last 3 years. 81 TDs , 11,200 yards.

5 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Derek Carr is not at all better than Andy Dalton. Thats the facts. Think whatever the hell you want but know you are wrong.

Derek Carr is so good that he went 100/102 passing that netted 19 points and he signed a 125m deal. Enjoy that

Where in there did I say that Carr was better than Dalton? Reading comprehension helps, you should probably try that. 

That's the facts. Know you are wrong. 

Oh, and I'm not a Raiders fan, so I don't have to enjoy anything...wow, this is a bad post, man. 

3 hours ago, The LBC said:

Eh... depends.  He's definitely part of it.  And honestly if you subscribe to the body rots from the head down philosophy, he very much is.

The guy is 2 games in charge, has an very average roster at best, and lost by 1 point on the road at altitude. Let's give it some time before the guy is written off.

1 minute ago, AkronsWitness said:

Derek Carr is so good that he went 100/102 passing that netted 19 points  in a loss and he signed a 125m deal. Enjoy that

How is that "the facts". Because you say so?

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

Where in there did I say that Carr was better than Dalton? Reading comprehension helps, you should probably try that. 

That's the facts. Know you are wrong. 

Enjoy that 125 million dollar contract Raiders

7 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Enjoy that 125 million dollar contract Raiders

Okay, I'm going to italicize this and bold it so you can maybe address this. I just want to make sure you're actually seeing this. 

Tell me where I said that Carr was better than Dalton? 

You're so adamant that you are right about something and your need to argue and make your point right  that you don't realize that you're actually A) arguing about something you didn't ask about. your question was what the difference was, not who was better, and B) arguing about something I never said. Your last two posts have been an amazing fail. 

Oh, and I'm still not a raiders fan....

5 minutes ago, Forge said:

Okay, I'm going to italicize this and bold it so you can maybe address this. I just want to make sure you're actually seeing this. 

Tell me where I said that Carr was better than Dalton? 

Again, what are you talking about? you're so full of fail, please just stop. You look so bad right now. 

Oh, and I'm still not a raiders fan....

When you said Carr has l"ess negative rep too" and their "potential and reputation"

What makes Derek Carrs rep any better than Daltons considering his on field performance replicates his yet for some reason moronic fans think that Derek Carr is something that hes not. And that is a franchise QB. Hes a marginally better than average QB who is severely overpaid. Nothing more, nothing less.

As soon as NFL fans, and specifically Raiders fans realize Carr is massively overpaid comparable to on-field performance the better off everyone shall be.

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

Pretty much. It's a great way to have an open dialogue, don't you think?

Yes, unless you follow it up with "Think whatever the hell you want but know you are wrong." Kind of kills the open dialogue part. More like a "dialogue" by an angry 7 year old.

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

When you said Carr has l"ess negative rep too" and their "potential and reputation"

What makes Derek Carrs rep any better than Daltons considering his on field performance replicates his yet for some reason moronic fans think that Derek Carr is something that hes not. And that is a franchise QB. Hes a marginally better than average QB who is severely overpaid. Nothing more, nothing less.

If you think that this means one is better than the other, then your reading comprehension really is bad. Like, wow. This post is so far removed from what you asked and I answered I don't know how this is the same conversation. 

My answers were entirely based on perception - and not even my own, but rather what I perceive the general consensus' opinion to be.  You asked what the difference was - my answer was essentially, "public perception of the two quarterbacks". Dear God, man. I didn't say anything about who was better, or even offer my opinion on the matter. You asked a question, I offered an answer that I think is actually fairly reasonable. And then for you to come at me with "you're wrong" and blah blah blah and take that attitude rather than just trying to discuss it? Wow man. Just a real bad fail. If my post confused you, you can ask for clarification, not that big of a deal. Maybe next time I should simplify it, I don't know. But this was a really poor way to comport yourself. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

If you think that this means one is better than the other, then your reading comprehension really is bad. Like, wow. This post is so far removed from what you asked and I answered I don't know how this is the same conversation. 

My answers were entirely based on perception - and not even my own, but rather what I perceive the general consensus' opinion to be.  You asked what the difference was - my answer was essentially, "public perception of the two quarterbacks". Dear God, man. I didn't say anything about who was better, or even offer my opinion on the matter. You asked a question, I offered an answer that I think is actually fairly reasonable. And then for you to come at me with "you're wrong" and blah blah blah and take that attitude rather than just trying to discuss it? Wow man. Just a real bad fail. If my post confused you, you can ask for clarification, not that big of a deal. Maybe next time I should simplify it, I don't know. But this was a really poor way to comport yourself. 

Let me simplify this for you because your obviously misinformed.

Derek Carr gets paid like Aaron Rodgers but performs like Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton. His contract is one of the worst in football.

Okay. There it is. Stats back it up. Thats my point. 

Just now, AkronsWitness said:

Derek Carr gets paid like Aaron Rodgers but performs like Joe Flacco or Andy Dalton. His contract is one of the worst in football.

Carr is getting paid like Alex Smith and Matt Stafford, dude.

2 minutes ago, AkronsWitness said:

Do those stats include defenses and supporting casts as well? 

Archived