NFL 2018 Week 2 Game Day Thread

TecmoSuperJoe

Anyway, people will come out of this Pats-Jags game holding certain beliefs about the state of the Patriots but there were a lot of things working against them in this game. Not to take away anything from Jacksonville - they outperformed the Pats on every level. But losing Trey Flowers early in the game severely hamstrung the Pats' pass rush (and I will fight anyone who suggests I'm overrating Flowers' importance) and the heat (this was the hottest gametime temp in the league since 2003) definitely played a role in them looking as overmatched as they did for most of the game. 

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

Anyway, people will come out of this Pats-Jags game holding certain beliefs about the state of the Patriots but there were a lot of things working against them in this game. Not to take away anything from Jacksonville - they outperformed the Pats on every level. But losing Trey Flowers early in the game severely hamstrung the Pats' pass rush (and I will fight anyone who suggests I'm overrating Flowers' importance) and the heat (this was the hottest gametime temp in the league since 2003) definitely played a role in them looking as overmatched as they did for most of the game. 

Jax also lost their starting LT too tho

But I agree overall that the Trey flowers lost really hurt as well as the heat. 

17 minutes ago, KhanYouDigIt said:

@DoleINGout told me the heat wasn’t going to be a factor. 

And it wasn't. Asked after the game Tom Brady said, quote, "It [the heat] was not that bad. We played in it all summer during training camp so the heat wasn't a problem."

The Patriots were simply outplayed and unable to adjust. They seemed unprepared for Bortles to throw as much as he did and it's clear they did not respond well.

Just now, DoleINGout said:

And it wasn't. Asked after the game Tom Brady said, quote, "It [the heat] was not that bad. We played in it all summer during training camp so the heat wasn't a problem."

The Patriots were simply outplayed and unable to adjust. They seemed unprepared for Bortles to throw as much as he did and it's clear they did not respond well.

"Childs play"

99 degrees and 107 heat index at the start.

Sure, buddy,,,

4 minutes ago, .Buzz said:

"Childs play"

99 degrees and 107 heat index at the start.

Sure, buddy,,,

Yeah, the heat was nothing the New England area didn't experience throughout the rnd of July and all of August. When asked after the game about the heat, Brady said it felt like training camp and was not a factor for him.

Also, my "child's play" comment was related to the forecast yesterday for gametime. As you see in the quoted post, it said 90F with potential rain. That is nothing. The actual weather was hitter than that and inline with the heat we northerners experienced a lot this year.

1 minute ago, DoleINGout said:

Yeah, the heat was nothing the New England area didn't experience throughout the rnd of July and all of August. When asked after the game about the heat, Brady said it felt like training camp and was not a factor for him.

Also, my "child's play" comment was related to the forecast yesterday for gametime. As you see in the quoted post, it said 90F with potential rain. That is nothing. The actual weather was hitter than that and inline with the heat we northerners experienced a lot this year.

So because that's what it's like in training camp it means it had no impact on the game today and players on the Pats are perfectly equipped to handle it? 

It was the hottest game on record since an Arizona game back in 2003. That's 15 years. Brady may not be saying it, making excuses isn't a big thing for Tom, but you are kidding yourself if you think the heat had zero impact on the game.

Hell, sounded to me like Fournette would have been a go today had it been later in the season/a huge game, but early season paired with the weather conditions weren't ideal with his situation.

Not like it's something to be ashamed of, the Jaguars play in Florida with ridiculously hot/humid temp's all the time. We went up to Cleveland last year and played a close game with CLE and it was the first time Cam Robinson, our LT, saw snow. That most definitely had an impact on our performance.

It happens.

Archived