BDL 2018 Week 2: Camden Hood Rats @ Orlando Ospreys

Whicker

Camden Hood Rats @ Orlando Ospreys  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Camden Hood Rats
    • Orlando Ospreys

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/19/2018 at 04:00 PM

BDL 2018 Week 2

Vote for who you think would win the game.

Rules:
One vote per person, duplicate accounts will be banned and action taken against those attempting to rig the results.

One vote per team involved in the match. Co-owners may vote in every match up except their own.

For members, who have been following along, and wish to vote.  Please join the conversation and maybe give a reason you voted as you did. This will alleviate any suspicions of unusual voting and will promote discussion.

Note: Players that have a (D) next to their name indicate that they are doubtful or unlikely to play. Players with (Q) are game-time decisions.

Good Luck

Camden Hood Rats

QB- Alex Smith
RB- Carlos Hyde
WR- Odell Beckham Jr
WR- Nelson Agholor
TE- Evan Engram
TE- David Njoku
LT- Cordy Glenn
LG- Ron Leary
C- Chase Roullier
RG- Larry Warford
RT- Taylor Decker
WR- Cole Beasley
TE- David Njoku
OL- Ethan Pocic
OL- Orlando Brown Jr
OL- Jon Halapio

DE- Chandler Jones
DT- Akiem Hicks
DT- Grady Jarrett
DE- Yannick Ngakoue
LB- Jamie Collins
LB- Darius Leonard
CB- Chidobe Awuzie
CB- Denzel Ward
CB- Aaron Colvin
S- Kevin Byard
S- Jamal Adams
LB- Reggie Ragland
CB- Ahkello Witherspoon
CB- Nevin Lawson
S- Bradley McDougald
S- Kenny Vacarro

Orlando Ospreys

Offense
QB - Philip Rivers
RB - Alvin Kamara
RB - Royce Freeman
TE - Rob Gronkowski
WR - Mike Evans
WR - Allen Robinson
LT - Garett Bolles
LG - Cameron Erving
OC - Mike Pouncey
RG - Ali Marpet
RT - Lane Johnson

RB - Chris Carson
TE - Jonnu Smith
TE - Mike Gesicki
WR - Chris Hogan
WR - Sterling Shepard
WR - Willie Snead
LG/C - Frank Ragnow
LT/RT - Trenton Brown

Defense
LE - Tyrone Crawford
DT - Kenny Clark
DT - Ndamukong Suh
RE - Vic Beasley
Will - Demario Davis 
Mike - Fred Warner
S - Antoine Bethea
S - Rodney McLeod
CB - Jalen Ramsey
CB - James Bradberry
CB - Joe Haden

LE/DT - Michael Bennett
DT - Danny Shelton
RE - Carl Lawson
Mike/Will - Christian Kirksey
Will - Deone Bucannon
S - Eddie Jackson
CB - Jaire Alexander
CB - Kevin King

Camden Hood Rats

Offense
This week we play one of the more gifted teams in the league. By gifted I mean they've acquired most of their talent via trade rape and shady deals, only to be handed off to two lucky gents right before week 1. We hope they take their talent for granted and here are some keys to our offensive matchup with these guys:
Run Game: We know Orlando isn't afraid of playing run defense with their solid LB trio, that won't stop us from running at them with a power run game involving the power back Hyde against sub par defensive line play. Aside from Suh, no one on that line has distinguished themselves as a standout player and we think if the LB's are doing all the work in stopping the run game, that means we're beating their defensive line.
Take advantage of overrated DE's: Vic Beasley had one big year and has been erased by good tackle play ever since and Tyrone Crawford has had 0 big years, so right off the bat we're going to prey on the lack of pressure they're going to give us from the outside. We're going to rush directly at those edges with Hyde and Johnson and force Orlando to move safeties closer and closer to the box. Like our first key, once we establish that run, that opens up so much for us. OBJ has proved to be matchup proof, as he went 11 for 111 against Jax last week with 6 for 86 coming against the immensely talented Jalen Ramsey. When we're beating up the edges with Hyde, the DB's are sure to cheat, and Alex Smith can capitalize on play action passes and double moves to OBJ and Agholor. Duke Johnson Jr also mixes in for 3rd downs to attack Orlando should they sell out to attack on 3rd downs. He can make anyone pay out of the backfield.
TE mismatch: This week while disguising our run game, we're going to run a lot of two TE sets. Say what you want about their blocking, but when Engram and Njoku are in the game together the defense is forced to make some critical decisions. Play a smaller defense and give up big runs and or run after catch plays potentially, or play larger and worry about getting burned by athletic TE's so you can sell out to stop the run. Either way, whether it's Eddie Jackson or Rodney McLeod, they're overmatched physically against the TE's we bring and Alex Smith can always find his TE's. Flat routes, seam busters and quick outs should help take advantage of our TE's physical skills.

Defense (primary press-cover 3 defense)
Orlando brings a talented and varied offensive attack. We feel bringing a style similar to Seattle's Press-cover 3 defense gives us the best chance to limit their big play ability in this game. These are our keys:
Press-cover 3 and Kevin Byards role: This is a unique defensive scheme. It's a zone scheme that uses the boundary corners and a deep middle safety to employ a 3 deep zone. The benefit of the press 3 is that the corners jam the WR at the line before dropping out into deep zone,  stopping any short throws the QB would normally be allowed in a standard 3 deep zone. We feel our CB's (each play sides this week, no particular assignment)  are athletic and fast enough to press this way and recover without a huge issue. This allows our defensive line to still cause havoc without giving up easy throws because Kevin Byard plays our Earl Thomas role, and he's back there to cover any shortcomings or mishaps our DB's may have this week. Gronk falls into the area of this defense that allows a mix of coverages on him to be used. Depending on where he lines up, he could see a mix of our safeties or our LB's, all of whom are ready to be aggressive with him.
Containing Kamara: The press-cover 3 helps us prevent deep throws, the press part of that allows us to jam WR's on short throws and the short and middle part of the field is defended by LB's and our monster SS Jamal Adams dropping into the intermediate part of the field. Kamara makes a killing taking advantage of this part of his game, so we're planning to hit him with a mix of athletic players including mostly Adams and Leonard and hope to limit his receiving damage to a minimum. 
Take advantage of overrated OL: Taylor Lewan is out and Connor Williams will be a major liability against my interior rush.  We think we can make MAJOR waves against Orlando, whoever their QB should be. My starting DL can get pressure all the way across my front 4, and when my reserves come in it's a whole other world for gassed offensive lineman. Even though we don't get much love, our pass rush is one of the most formidable in the league and we plan to use that as a major strength in this matchup. 

Orlando Ospreys

Offensive Strategy

Formations:  Split Backs / I-formation / Single Back

Scheme:  Balanced Run (45%) vs Pass (55%)

Offensive Line - One of the Hood Rats many strengths is their ability to get after the QB off the edge, so we’ll give Rivers and our offensive line some security with our choice of formation sets, with two back and additional blocking from the TE.  

Passing Attack – The Hood brings some young talent to their secondary and you’d be a fool to overlook it.  However, we believe that Mike Evans veteran leadership can show this young group a thing about running routes.  Last week, we kept our receivers inside whereas this week, we intend to stretch the field with the outside receivers and in single back formations get the slot receiver, Snead and/or Sheppard involved.

We’ll have Alvin Kamara’s route tree consist of flat, wheel, and swing, that we believe will exploit a weakness we believe in their linebackers    

We’re also intent to get Gronk involved more this week in our passing game, by putting him in motion to expose their coverages pre snap.  We’ll look to find favorable matchups as his route tree will vary throughout the game looking for linebacker assigned coverages.  

Running Game – Royce Freeman had a solid NFL week and we expect the same from him this week.  With the added protection on the line we’ll get him involved as the power back in our split and I formations.  Combined with Kamara’s elusive speed, we hope to keep their defense guessing.

Defensive Strategy

Formations:   4-2-5 and Base 43 Defenses 

Scheme:  Zone Blitz / Zone Coverage

The Hood Rats have some injuries that we intend to take advantage of.  They have injuries on the offensive line (Trai Turner- G, Cordy Glenn- T, Devonta Freeman- RB, Josh Gordon- WR).

Defensive Line – With some major injuries to their starting lineup we will attempt to get after their quarterback to disrupt their passing game.  We feel that we can get pressure from the edge, interior and at linebacker utilizing the zone blitz scheme.  By disguising the blitz we hope to land a pick or two should their offense target the tight ends in short passing routes or at least delay Smiths decision making process.     

Passing- This week we move back to a zone blocking scheme run out of the nickel defense.  We know that we can’t stop him, because he’s just that good but we do expect to slow him down as we’ll focus on jamming him up at the line, being physically unkind to him every chance we get.  We’ll also be focused on his tight ends, both of which have the ability to be difference makers, but have yet to show it this year.  Nonetheless, zone coverage seems like the best defense for an offense currently banged up.

Rushing-  Their starting back is out but Hyde isn’t a slouch, so we continue to respect the rush, by playing the safeties closer to the edge on obvious rushing down and distance with the linebackers playing inside to assist in clogging the interior.

15 minutes ago, Jlash said:

Cordy Glenn started and played every snap on Thursday, Mike. Don't go spreading lies about him being hurt.

The news I read was he was out after the second quarter.  Just going off what I read.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/24484610/cordy-glenn-cincinnati-bengals-tackle-declared-shoulder-injury

Apologies that was against the Bills, Week 1.

2 hours ago, Whicker said:

Passing- This week we move back to a zone blocking scheme run out of the nickel defense.  We know that we can’t stop him, because he’s just that good but we do expect to slow him down as we’ll focus on jamming him up at the line, being physically unkind to him every chance we get.  We’ll also be focused on his tight ends, both of which have the ability to be difference makers, but have yet to show it this year.  Nonetheless, zone coverage seems like the best defense for an offense currently banged up.

I figure everyone knows who I'm referring to when I talk about not being able to stop him, but to slow him down.....Odell Beckham Jr.

It's tough to pick against Rivers but I'll go with Camden in a 24-20 win. I think Orlando is able to do enough on defense to keep this close but I trust Camden's defense to hold a lead more than Orlando's, plus I see matchup issues all day long for Orlando with Camden's 2 TE sets.

Defensive game. I like both defensive gameplans.

Putting pressure on Alex is the way to beat him. Zone blitz can give a couple of easy throws to the TEs, but overall I expect Orlando pressure and Alex known tendency to crumble under pressure to do the job. Running outside is a good way to attack Orlando D just not fond of Camden RB as outside runners.

Camden defensive gameplan could limit easy throws for Rivers and their DL should beat up Orlando OL especially the left side. I do think the cover 3 press could lead to big game for Mike Evans though as I'm not sure Camden CBs can always recover fast enough on deep bombs thrown in Evans way.

Too close to call for me so I will go to the home team. Orlando 17-14

Archived