Doom and Gloom thread - We have the worst WR core in the NFL

Vladimir L

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Ok, well it doesn't take a football genius to see Alex Smith played like garbage yesterday.  But hey think whatever you want.

I will, Thank you for allowing me ! Guess I should have used Brad Johnson . A little more current .  I never said Smith wasn't awful yesterday either - so I'd appreciate you not inferring that I did .

1 minute ago, RSkinGM said:

I will, Thank you for allowing me ! Guess I should have used Brad Johnson . A little more current .  I never said Smith wasn't awful yesterday either - so I'd appreciate you not inferring that I did .

Come on man, you're seriously happy we have Alex Smith as our starting QB?  

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Come on man, you're seriously happy we have Alex Smith as our starting QB?  

I've never said that exactly. I said he was an upgrade. Our boy Cousins threw another killer interception yesterday at the end of the game but was saved by one of the worst calls ever. Roughing on Matthews. He couldn't have placed him on a pillow any more gently !  But back to the subject that you are changing--Your point was nobody was ever stupid enough to trade for a Q B that two coaches didn't like for a Super Bowl . 

4 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

I've never said that exactly. I said he was an upgrade. Our boy Cousins threw another killer interception yesterday at the end of the game but was saved by one of the worst calls ever. Roughing on Matthews. He couldn't have placed him on a pillow any more gently !  But back to the subject that you are changing--Your point was nobody was ever stupid enough to trade for a Q B that two coaches didn't like for a Super Bowl . 

The only example you had was a guy that was traded once, then cut, then signed after that.  

edit - and btw, it was never Alex Smith vs. Kirk Cousins for me.  It was acquiring Alex Smith over every other option that was out there.  IMO we should have drafted a rookie QB.

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

The only example you had was a guy that was traded once, then cut, then signed after that.  

Didn't I just add Brad Johnson that was traded ( To us ! ) and then cut and won a Super Bowl. Point is--Two coaches didn't like to win a Super Bowl --but he did !

Just now, RSkinGM said:

Didn't I just add Brad Johnson that was traded ( To us ! ) and then cut and won a Super Bowl. Point is--Two coaches didn't like to win a Super Bowl --but he did !

Lol ok fine.  But Alex Smith will not be winning a Superbowl here so what difference does it make.

2 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Lol ok fine.  But Alex Smith will not be winning a Superbowl here so what difference does it make.

Wants that term --I must say I never completely understood --Building a straw man ..One of Turtles favorites !

1 hour ago, RSkinGM said:

See Jim Plunkett- Traded once and then cut . won two Super Bowls

Great. There's one. From over 30 years ago.

How many others? Meanwhile, how many other QBs, since 1986, have bounced around from teams and won a Super Bowl? Maybe Brad Johnson? Dilfer? 

Ok. Now we're talking!

So compare those 3 to the rest of the QBs that have bounced around and never amounted to much.

Which of those scenarios seems to be the general rule?

In other words, if you're betting your house, which would you go with? 3 examples in 30 years? Or the 100s of examples over that time frame?

Archived