2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

This is Risner quoting someone else. Come on guys, this is the most famous quote in football. 

Fair, I'm going, to be honest, I don't pay attention to quotes in football. Other then the few that Mike Daniels has said through his pressers i.e. "Everyone has a plan until you punch them in the mouth." HoF speeches etc.. aren't really my cup of tea. So, I just went off what was report on this twitter handle as being Risners! Looked it up though after your reply.

So it looks like Byron Murphy is a more complete corner than Greedy Williams, right?  Why is Greedy considered the better CB?  Speed or something?  Because the only tackle attempt I was able to find out of Greedy was embarrassing to watch.  Quick search suggests that's a common concern with him. 

11 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Jonah and Cody Ford 8+ seconds on the 3 cone, taking them off the Packers board.

Dillard is fully in play at 12 I bet.

Dillard, Lindstrom, Risner, Bradbury, McGary, McGovern. If we take an OL Day 1-2 this is the list we'll choose from. Dark horses Max Scharping/Ryan Bates.

Was Taylor a conscious omission? 

12 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

So it looks like Byron Murphy is a more complete corner than Greedy Williams, right?  Why is Greedy considered the better CB?  Speed or something?  Because the only tackle attempt I was able to find out of Greedy was embarrassing to watch.  Quick search suggests that's a common concern with him. 

Greedy has more impressive size but I think Murphy is the top cover corner. Guy is sticky. Questions about Greedy's long speed I believe. 

18 minutes ago, Arthur Penske said:

This isn’t the first time I’ve read about Oliver playing “lb”

I forget who, but one of the bigger/more popular draft twitter guys said he would play Oliver at ILB (or Off-Ball linebacker). I nearly spit out my drink. Edge LBer? Sure, makes total sense. But why would you even draft Oliver if you thought you were moving him to ILB? Find a different player 

1. Let's be real, somebody saw the video of Oliver doing those footwork drills, and thought it would be fun as hell to see it live. 

2. The DL don't do the drop/coverage drills. There's no Edge distinction for them to throw guys into. If you want to see a DL drop because you didn't see it in college, then you have to put in the request to see them at LB.  Somebody wants to see if there's any potential at Edge. 

55 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Now I just hope the Cardinals trade Rosen to someone like the Patriots instead of one of the teams like the Broncos/Jaguars/Giants/Redskins who might be in the market for a QB. 

I like Rosen so much that I sincerely hope he doesn't get traded to the pats. Saints could be realistic 

Archived