2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

2 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

I do not want a RT in the first round...not even the 2nd round. take one or two in rounds 3-6 (we have 6 picks there). I like David Edwards in 4-6. I think he has a good upside as a RT.

With Rodgers' injury history we should welcome talent on the offensive line.

4 minutes ago, Pilprin said:

I do not want a RT in the first round...not even the 2nd round. take one or two in rounds 3-6 (we have 6 picks there). I like David Edwards in 4-6. I think he has a good upside as a RT.

David Edwards was so horrific in his testing, I'd slap a UDFA grade on him. I don't understand why RT would be de-valued so much. I get that LT is a bit more valuable, but RT is still a 1st-round worthy position.

I can welcome talent all day long, but we have starters across the board...we need depth...not starters, so rounds 3-6 can provide that. Few of our current starters or few of our previous best OL were top picks. If we needed a starter at LT...I would feel differently

16 minutes ago, BrettFavre004 said:

Not that we need a LT so much, but I am really surprised Andre Dillard isn't getting more love on generic boards.

Killed the combine with a 4.4 flat shuttle, best of all OL, 7.44 3 cone was second best for all OL. At 6'5" 315 is a cookie cutter size for LT, every report I've ever read says he has great feet, arm length just fine at 33.5.  Haven't seen any red flags.

Wondering why he isn't a consensus top 10 LT prospect.

Because NFL coaches have a phobia of everything associated with Mike Leach. They have this phobia because Mike Leach makes fun of them for being stupid.

1 minute ago, Pilprin said:

I can welcome talent all day long, but we have starters across the board...we need depth...not starters, so rounds 3-6 can provide that. Few of our current starters or few of our previous best OL were top picks. If we needed a starter at LT...I would feel differently

Bulaga's contract expires after 2019.

Just now, rcon14 said:

David Edwards was so horrific in his testing, I'd slap a UDFA grade on him. I don't understand why RT would be de-valued so much. I get that LT is a bit more valuable, but RT is still a 1st-round worthy position.

We can agree to disagree...I still feel Edwards is a solid prospect. He's not the only one, but he is an example of one that is available day 3. Would I hate an OL at 44? No, just don't think one needs to be taken that high.

Just now, deathstar said:

Aaron's injuries are his own damn fault.  Both of his major injuries came when scrambling out of the pocket after holding the ball way too long. 

2017: Davante open on the screen, Rodgers looks right at him.  Bennett comes open the second Barr decides to run after Rodgers, Rodgers waits until it's no longer a penalty for Barr to hit him before throwing. 

Protection is more than enough time for the play that was called.  And it was second and 9 in a game that was tied in the first quarter.  90% of quarterbacks just throw that open screen to Davante there, but not Rodgers, Rodgers needs 37 air yards on every pass. 

2013: The pocket was fine.  Nobody was open, but he literally runs the opposite direction of every single route when the pocket is fine. 

Also looks like Lacy was just supposed to chip and then he was open.  Had Rodgers just stayed put and thrown to Lacy, it's a likely TD.  He can't possibly have thought he could make it into the endzone himself, either.  There were guys all around there. 

I'm gonna catch hell for this post, but Rodgers needs to quit trying to make 50 yards on every play.  His protection is better than half the league, especially at left tackle and center AND right tackle when Bulaga is healthy. 

I'm fine with a right tackle to take over for Bulaga, but this nonsense of Rodgers needing better protection because of his injuries is stupid.  The protection on both of those plays lasted twice as long as it takes for elite quarterbacks to get rid of the damn ball. 

2 minutes ago, deathstar said:

I'm betting OL is probably number one on the Packers list in this draft. 3rd highest in sacks last year and Rodger's injured had to put the FO in nightly sweats. Bulaga was done last year. When has he last played a whole season? 

Fro those saying the line is just fine, Brady had one sack in the playoffs. One. That's a good line. You win in the trenches. We ought to move back and grab all line. We ALREADY fixed the pass rush. A couple safeties are the best improvement we can make there right now. But no way we go deep with last year's line. Worst Pack line I saw in twenty years. The defense was solid until injuries stacked up and we had eight starters out in week 17.

A lot of good talent in this draft. I'd be happy with drafting three OL in a row if the board fell that way. We are set at LT and Center but need 2-3 upgrades and a replacement for Bulaga. We drafted light for years now and missed on our last 3 OL. 

1 minute ago, JaireAlex said:

I'm betting OL is probably number one on the Packers list in this draft. 3rd highest in sacks last year and Rodger's injured had to put the FO in nightly sweats. Bulaga was done last year. When has he last played a whole season? 

Fro those saying the line is just fine, Brady had one sack in the playoffs. One. That's a good line. You win in the trenches. We ought to move back and grab all line. We ALREADY fixed the pass rush. A couple safeties are the best improvement we can make there right now. But no way we go deep with last year's line. Worst Pack line I saw in twenty years. The defense was solid until injuries stacked up and we had eight starters out in week 17.

A lot of good talent in this draft. I'd be happy with drafting three OL in a row if the board fell that way. We are set at LT and Center but need 2-3 upgrades and a replacement for Bulaga. We drafted light for years now and missed on our last 3 OL. 

This is 100% true, but part of this is the obnoxiously quick passing game that NE was implementing. Also Scarnecchia is a wizard.

Just now, rcon14 said:

We get it @Outpost31 you hate Aaron Rodgers.

I don't.  I hate how he's not as good as he could be due to his own poor decisions, greed and ego.  Just how I now hate how Favre wasn't as good as he could have been due to his complete lack of doing anything but winging it each week.

Archived