2019 Draft Discussion

jleisher

1 minute ago, Packers Select said:

Not to be Mr. Naysayer, but I can't stand the influx of those who run one slower than anticipated 40-yard dash, then save face with a convenient muscle pull and tell everyone to refer to the game tape. I'm sure there are quite a few legitimate cases and this gripe isn't about this specific instance because it could be legit, but the transparency of this being 100% an agent move is just laughable. Indirectly tie your time with an injury, and save your draft stock trend and draft slot value. Either run or don't run, but don't test the waters...you should know what kind of speed guy you are. Plenty of success stories either way.

It's the old pro-wrestling trick of losing by your opponent cheating or losing while having an "injury". Keeps your reputation and fourth-wall appearance clean because those invested will say "....well you know, he/she REALLY didn't lose....".

I mean, you can, but it's not like 4.52 is a bad time for a safety. If he ran something in the 4.6s, then it'd make more sense. I think everyone was expecting something right around 4.5.

Just now, rcon14 said:

I mean, you can, but it's not like 4.52 is a bad time for a safety. If he ran something in the 4.6s, then it'd make more sense. I think everyone was expecting something right around 4.5.

Ya, I was editing my post as you typed this. It works two fold, either for saving face...or in some instances...boosting value. If you run a respectable time like Nasir did, more people will talk about what your time could actually be if you weren't hurt.

Again, this isn't an attack on Nasir, because his could be completely legit. Just a gripe on some of the more easily read dishonest cases.

Just now, Packers Select said:

Ya, I was editing my post as you typed this. It works two fold, either for saving face...or in some instances...boosting value. If you run a respectable time like Nasir did, more people will talk about what your time could actually be if you weren't hurt.

Again, this isn't an attack on Nasir, because his could be completely legit. Just a gripe on some of the more easily read dishonest cases.

oh 100%. I think this is what happened in the Polite case (which is suuuuper disappointing cuz I really liked Polite). He added a bunch of bad weight, then ran slow, and his "hammy went" on him. I'm hoping in Polite's case he gets back into the 240s and runs well.

Just now, Victor1124 said:

Yes.

No reasonable person should have. Quite frankly, comping anyone to Earl Thomas (just like comping anyone to Aaron Donald....looking at you lazy Ed Oliver scouting reports) is stupid.

Where is that thread that tracked all the prospects we interviewed/showed interest in last season?  I really want to look at it to see how closely our draft followed whom we visited with.  I'm just petrified over that 12th overall.  If it's Hockenson I will literally die. 

Just now, Outpost31 said:

Where is that thread that tracked all the prospects we interviewed/showed interest in last season?  I really want to look at it to see how closely our draft followed whom we visited with.  I'm just petrified over that 12th overall.  If it's Hockenson I will literally die. 

See the previous page

5 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

I doubt its gonna be Hockenson so you're good till next draft day at least :)

23 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ya see? Thats why I want Burns in the first round.....so we dont have any second round EDGE concerns :) And.....in this land of the possible......I'm hoping GB uses #30 to move up somewhere and snag CGJ or Adderley. For me (?) the rest of the draft would be gravy! Have at it Gute....knock yourself out LOL

Dillard, IMO, will be a better tackle than Burns an edge defender. Same thing with Baker and CGJ or Adderley. That’s why I’m seeing more value elsewhere with those two picks.

16 minutes ago, Victor1124 said:

Yes.

15 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

No reasonable person should have. Quite frankly, comping anyone to Earl Thomas (just like comping anyone to Aaron Donald....looking at you lazy Ed Oliver scouting reports) is stupid.

Lol im going to need to see proof someone compared him to Earl Thomas. I read this draft thread daily and have NEVER seen someone compare him to that.

21 minutes ago, Packers Select said:

For the record pro wrestling is fake. 😂 I hope this isnt a Santa Clause moment for you. 

16 minutes ago, deathstar said:

Dillard, IMO, will be a better tackle than Burns an edge defender. Same thing with Baker and CGJ or Adderley. That’s why I’m seeing more value elsewhere with those two picks.

Good info - thanks (!) - but I'm addressing my "Wants List" from a positional perspective and want to kill off EDGE/DL and Safety this draft. Some how - some way - with as much top of the list talent as possible. Though Dillard is stated to be a talent, I wouldnt want to snag him at 12 just bases on the position. 

It's all subjective and different "Top Prospect Lists" (be they overall or positional) have the players scattered somewhat differently. So we'll see how the GBPs have it broken down as ultimately thats the list that counts.

Btw - who's the Baker referred to? DeAndre Baker the CB?

55 minutes ago, rcon14 said:

That vert + broad and a 4.52 pulled hammy 40, safe to assume Adderley is a 4.4 guy.

Archived