Official TAST - This A'int Steelers Talk Thread

43M

Kevin Dotson PFF score last night….yikes.

62.6 overall

56.8 pass blocking

62.9 run blocking

I know it’s one game and they got hit by injuries but yeesh. 

Our OL meanwhile:

Moore - 75.4/88.7/67.0

Anderson - 52.3/55.7/57.7

Frazier - 70.1/83.3/66.0

Daniels - 75.8/74.6/71.8

Jone - 50.8/63.1/50.5

I thought Moore played good, happy for him. Too bad the falcons didn';t have more of a test for him, like dupreexD

Frazier is a legit C, finally have this addressed. 

Jone, no longer doing the work of 2 people and lost the S in his last name 

19 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

he was garbage last year and I never cared for him. One of colberts fails in recent times and chuks would still be here if colbert was and if he never said something on the sidelines.

1 hour ago, 3rivers said:

I thought Moore played good, happy for him. Too bad the falcons didn';t have more of a test for him, like dupreexD

Frazier is a legit C, finally have this addressed. 

Jone, no longer doing the work of 2 people and lost the S in his last name 

Hard to keep up with the Joneses..

• Like 1

Sounds like the Niners broke some serious injury reporting rules with telling Jordan Mason Friday he would start, but not ruling out CMC until late Monday. And apparently the team is unhappy with Mason for accidentally saying it to media. 

Clearly the only solution is they have to send use Aiyuk now. 

Just now, August4th said:

still can't tell if Purdy is legit or not lol Damn near all his passes down the field were to wide open guys... like always...but he does sprinkle in some great throws too

I have the same issue. Like he makes a play like Aiyuk dropped TD pass then follows it up with and off schedule scramble bomb to a wide open guy. He’ll make a good downfield pass then it’s followed by a screen that pops for 30. 

Excuse the comparison because of the coaches - but he reminds me of Matt Ryan so much. Makes some good plays, gets away with a few because of the team around him, then does a few where he gets “credit” but wasn’t “impressive”. I do think, like Matt Ryan, there’s a lot of standard NFL throws you would expect that broadcasters “drool” over and talked about the “processing” that was required. Like what’s required about a 3 step drop, having an in on zone, and having to hitch to let your WR clear the defender?

I think he’s in that 10-15 area. He’s good, but his flaws are really well covered up. I almost wonder with the lengths of all the contracts if he only gets 3-4 years and the Niners refuse to commit to having him beyond the end date of all the parts around him and risk tagging him if necessary. 

12 hours ago, Big Snack said:

This would be more crow for some.

I'll eat some crow on this. I thought we would get way more for DJ at the time. But I was also in the camp that I was ready to move on from him. Just such a frustrating player. And that play where he gave up on the fumble return against the Bengals and how he refused to take accountability for it after will forever be etched in my brain. 

It's still early though. I think he could still have a decent season in Carolina if they figure out the offense at all or even just turn to Andy Dalton at some point. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, bigben07MVP said:

I'll eat some crow on this. I thought we would get way more for DJ at the time. But I was also in the camp that I was ready to move on from him. Just such a frustrating player. And that play where he gave up on the fumble return against the Bengals and how he refused to take accountability for it after will forever be etched in my brain. 

It's still early though. I think he could still have a decent season in Carolina if they figure out the offense at all or even just turn to Andy Dalton at some point. 

He did that same fumble thing twice week 1 in Carolina.