Bucs @ Bears, 9/30/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

15 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Then he needs to step up and fast.

This year is a contract year for him (when most players seemingly get better) so I think it's fair to say that his back is against wall. Unfortunately for him though, he won't get nearly enough looks to have a tremendous season. Nagy has all but moved on without him and rightfully so. 

He’s been a really good blocker which speaks to his desire IMO. I’m surprised they haven’t tried to hit him on one of those tunnel screens yet. 

3 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

He’s been a really good blocker which speaks to his desire IMO. I’m surprised they haven’t tried to hit him on one of those tunnel screens yet. 

Blocking alone isn't going to get him a second contract though. 

As far as using him on screens, I agree. Or even those inside slants that we saw him and Tru in TC. Especially since we seen alot of those short quick routes being used. Line him as a flanker and he can be used in both run and pass formations. This is one thing that he offers that Gabriel doesn't.

1 hour ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Blocking alone isn't going to get him a second contract though. 

Oh, I agree. Unless you’re talking a league minimum depth type of 2nd contract. Even for that he’d have to show something as a receiver IMO. 

8 hours ago, AZBearsFan said:

Hoge says Hicks WILL NOT be suspended for the contact with the official. Huge news. 

When I recalled that Burfict of all people, who at this point is on strike 37, made contact with an official last year and wasn’t fined OR suspended, I knew Hicks would be fine.

Windy went on Bucs thread to defend MT and Nagy.  I am sure they didnt appreciate that.  They are still in shock that MT scored on them at will.  They were convinced Bears couldnt score points.  Now instead of changing mind on that or giving any credit, they think their defense is just that bad.  

Its like they forgot that prior to that game they were feeling really good about season. Complete 180 now. Went from 90% positive to 100% negative outlook.  They think they got beat by Little Sisters of the Poor. They had Bears game as easy win and now they think their team is Little Sisters of Poor.  24 hours earlier they were dreaming big. 

Not saying TB D isnt bad or MT has turned the corner now because he still has ways to go, but to totally dismiss the plays they made is incorrect.  Good throws, good routes, good blocking, good play calls, and good catches happened, not just bad defense.  Tampa Bay wasn't just letting them score.  "They didnt blitz and they couldn't defend bunch formation." It wasnt the bunch.  They got blocked and the Bears receivers and Cohen out ran them and MT made the throws.

I give that you can make the case that crazy sell out blitzes and zone defense is best way to defend Bears right now until they prove otherwise and Tb didn't do that. No guarantee that gambling will continue to work week to week as offense grows. 

Not even talking about Bears D that made them bench their record setting QB.  Magic.  

The lack of credit for present performance is based on past play.  It reminds me of NW surprise Rose Bowl season in 90s. NW was a one win team for like 50 years. I had a friend I played with on that team. I was monitoring bets then in college and NW covered every single week because no one gave them any credit for having a good team that year. 

Archived