Bucs @ Bears, 9/30/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

Just gonna point this out

My take on Nagy sitting the starters in week 3 of the preseason

I guess we'll see how it turns out. If the offense stutters out the gate and then suddenly comes alive around week 4 or 6 then I guess we'll get our answer. 

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

No doubt. I'm just offering a logical reason for the sudden turnaround is all.

I think it's a little of both and also playing against a secondary that can cover 1 good wr, let alone the weapons the Bears are throwing out there.  Getting some experience in the offense gave Nagy a chance to see what was working and what wasnt.  Dialing back the o was the right call as you could see 10 was reacting and not thinking so much.  Great scheme today too.  10 was throwing dimes but it was to guys who had lots of space.

3 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

I think it's a little of both and also playing against a secondary that can cover 1 good wr, let alone the weapons the Bears are throwing out there.  Getting some experience in the offense gave Nagy a chance to see what was working and what wasnt.  Dialing back the o was the right call as you could see 10 was reacting and not thinking so much.  Great scheme today too.  10 was throwing dimes but it was to guys who had lots of space.

Agreed. Nagy played the 1 on 1 match-up game to perfection today by utilizing  the versatility at skill positions.

This is what we all hoped it would look like during the off-season. Would love to see what it can look like with Shaheen  back in the lineup. 

2 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Agreed. Nagy played the 1 on 1 match-up game to perfection today by utilizing  the versatility at skill positions.

This is what we all hoped it would look like during the off-season. Would love to see what it can look like with Shaheen  back in the lineup. 

Speaking of, when is he due back? After the bye week?

Just finally sitting down to watch the game but given the box score Mitch should 100% keep the arm sleeve ?...

In all serious tho I caught a bit of Peter King on UK TV and he said he was hearing that we had scaled back the playbook a little this week to make things easier for Trubisky...seems like the right way to go.

Anyone who wants to compare Nagy to Trestman needs to go look at just after Kyle Long's false start with around 13 minutes of the 2nd quarter...you would not have seen Trestman's face like that ever...Nagy has some fire to him and went after a lot of guys standing behind him.

4 hours ago, beardown3231 said:

I believe he has to sit for 8 weeks, so I think his first game back would either be NYJ or Buffalo.

I'm not even too sure he would be back by then, tbh. Given how ho hum they have been about his injury and his bigger than usual frame and weight for a TE coming down onto a lower injured part. That may be over-thinking things but don't always believe what you read. We see it all the all the time.  

That said, even if he is back by then, it's going to take him a couple of weeks to gel with the rest of the offense. But when he does and barring injury.....this offense can be dangerous.

Didn't get to post or anything, had a church event for my dad and then had to work on his old house all day to prep for a renter. since I stupidly had the TV disconnected I couldn't watch the game, so I didn't allow any media at all.

Just finished my recording of the game. WOW. Propbably my favorite play was the deep TD to Burton early. Long's foot catches Tru's, he stumbles but fights to regain his balance, resets and stands tall, then steps into a throw. Absolutely beautiful technique, and showed complete confidence in the OL and his ability to read the defense before a rusher could get to him.

Nagy did what I wanted him to do, get to the meat and potatoes - condense the info for Tru so he can process it and succeed. His playcalling was spectacular, attacked all levels of the defense, used the damn speedsters like they should be used, and had Trubisky attack mismatches. I have probably been his biggest critic here and he absolutely made me eat my wods for the week. I hope he continues to do so.

Today was a special day.

Archived