Bucs @ Bears, 9/30/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

10 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I am looking at it from an outside perspective..  I have watched this Bucs defense get carved up every single week and watched every single QB complete 75-80% of their throws.   If this was my QB I would be happy too but I don't think he needs to be crowned just yet.... IMO

Who said anything about a crown?

The early Bucs gameday thread is, in hindsight, rather humorous.  They were pretty sure that they were going to win because MT couldn't beat them. Here's one of my favorite:

"We're great at stopping the run and their QB is Trubisky throwing to nobody. We'll blow a coverage or two and give up some points. But I think that's it.

We held Philly to 21. We should hold the Bears to 10. But I think they'll score a bit more than that."

The good
--Nagy's game plan. He knew the Bucs LB corp were suffering a bit this year and he had the skill players to create mis-matches.  
--Trubisky finally gives us hope. Not sure how sustainable it is but what a game.
--Cohen is Darren Sproles 2.0. The man makes people miss every time he touches the ball.
--The defense is ........dare I say it......already a Superbowl caliber group.
--Mack is unreal. A sack in each this season so far.
--While Mack and Hicks have been getting all the attention on defense.....Jackson has quietly been almost equally as good all season. Doing alot of things that don't show up on raw stat sheets.
--Speaking of underrated players....when are we going to start recognizing Nichols and giving him his due? Looks like a steal in the draft so far on limited PT.
--Can everyone please stop giving our OL so much crap. Go watch other teams and you will see that this group, collectively, is one of the better ones in the league and if it ain't broke....

The bad
--We're 3-1 and not 4-0. We're a good throw over Fuller's head away from being undefeated.......how long has it been since that word and Bears were used in the same sentence.
--Josh Allen's play stopped us from having a 1.5 game lead in the division. 

Going all week again without saying ANYTHING negative about this team. Just enjoying the ******* ride!!!!!!

Archived