Bucs @ Bears, 9/30/18, 12 CT, GAME THREAD

beardown3231

Nagy clearly pressed the right buttons on the offense this week.  It's the bye week so it be good to get a little healthier. I dont think Hicks will be suspended bc he didnt really push the official it looked like a "get your hands off me" move, but it's nice to see the other 4 guys on that rotation really step it up. Obviously we can't expect $Mitch$ to throw 6 TDs a week but all those people that said he hasnt had that breakout moment can shut up. 

6 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

I didn't realize that. Any ideas as to why? 

Combination of being an older defensive coach in a league that is moving towards young offensive minds.  Also Vic is a no nonsense guy in his interactions with the media.  Doesn't fit with Belichick types that say nothing, or the young guys who are PR savvy.  Vic would give a great sound byte but probably also say some things he shouldnt.

26 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Nagy clearly pressed the right buttons on the offense this week.  It's the bye week so it be good to get a little healthier. I dont think Hicks will be suspended bc he didnt really push the official it looked like a "get your hands off me" move, but it's nice to see the other 4 guys on that rotation really step it up. Obviously we can't expect $Mitch$ to throw 6 TDs a week but all those people that said he hasnt had that breakout moment can shut up. 

It looked to me like Hicks didn't even realize it was a ref pulling him back, and reacted accordingly. It wasn't that clear, though, and the telecast didn't examine it much. 

The people who are Trubisky detractors won't shut up until the media, through repetition, force it into their heads that their precious preconceptions are wrong. Which will take a very long time. 

33 minutes ago, Superman(DH23) said:

While his performance was encouraging it was against a poor Bucs defense...  :)

8 minutes ago, dafreak said:

And if Rodgers does worse against a similarly bad Bucs defense, there will be reasons, and the reasons will be wholly understandable.

Right?

Believe me, we've got it. No reason to bring it up whatsoever. 

15 minutes ago, dafreak said:

“He needs to play well against Tampa. It’s week 4. No more excuses.”

*Has a 154.6 passer rating against Tampa*

”Good game but the Bucs’ defense sucks”

What a fan base

4 minutes ago, Heinz D. said:

And if Rodgers does worse against a similarly bad Bucs defense, there will be reasons, and the reasons will be wholly understandable.

Right?

Believe me, we've got it. No reason to bring it up whatsoever. 

Oh I was being facetious. I am ecstatic over Mitch's performance. 

22 minutes ago, Nads786 said:

Just rewatching some of the highlights, what a performance by Mitch. I hope we keep getting better and improving. This team could be playoff bound this year.

The Bellamy TD was a thing of beauty he is staring at the x screen. Gives a very hard pump fake, then just shifts his feet, flicks his wrist and money ball.   The TD to Robinson was a pre snap read and then throwing to the corner and letting AR12 go get it.  On the Arob deep ball Robinson felt so strongly that he should have caught it that he did pushups a la Peanut.  Mitch trusted his eyes today and it really showed.  

This is my take, and I could be completely off base. Over the first three games Nagy tried to run an offense that heavily incorporated Jordan Howard. I mean why not, the guy has been a stud since entering the league BUT he really wasnt the guy he envisioned in the backfield. Howard does not give him the speed and matchup options he wanted to have. So, with the media and fans starting to get restless he said the hell with it, this is my team and I am going to do things my way. I never thought Howard fit into his scheme, he just isnt quick, elusive or versatile enough. It will be interesting to see how they use him moving forward after the bye but my hunch is the days of Howard being some sort of bellcow in this offense is long over. 

1 minute ago, dafreak said:

This is my take, and I could be completely off base. Over the first three games Nagy tried to run an offense that heavily incorporated Jordan Howard. I mean why not, the guy has been a stud since entering the league BUT he really wasnt the guy he envisioned in the backfield. Howard does not give him the speed and matchup options he wanted to have. So, with the media and fans starting to get restless he said the hell with it, this is my team and I am going to do things my way. I never thought Howard fit into his scheme, he just isnt quick, elusive or versatile enough. It will be interesting to see how they use him moving forward after the bye but my hunch is the days of Howard being some sort of bellcow in this offense is long over. 

So Nagy was trying to run the offense thru Howard by giving him 50 Carrie's thru 3 games.  What happened today was a good gameplan.  Tampa likes to cover backs with lbs.  There arent but a handful of lbs in the entire NFL that can cover Cohen consistently.  The bucs dont have 1 of those guys so until they adjusted to Cohen out of the backfield they were going to use him.  Bucs never adjusted.  When it was time to put the game away for good who got the ball? Jordan Howard.  Its.going to be a matchup thing week to week.  The Bears have a very good rb who can wear defenses out AND a rb who is a unique offensive weapon who can expose defensive weaknesses.  Both are really good.  Both are going to get their touches.

Archived