Titans Roster Moves ( updated: Logan Ryan to IR. Durden to 53, President to Practice Squad)

TitanLegend

46 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

I'd take DeSean. If nothing else he moves coverage away from Davis(and maybe now Sharpe too). He's a deep threat we could actually rely on to catch the ball when thrown to him, unlike Taylor.

Exactly. Give him Taylor's routes and he'd run them more effectively and actually catch the ball. 

2 hours ago, ragevsuall17 said:

I just looked at his stats and was really surprised. He was clicking with Fitz, going 17 for 424 and 3 Tds (24.9 ypc and 77% catch %) in the 4 games he started. In the 2 games since Winston took over, he's only had 6 catches for 102 yards and no Tds (17 ypc and 43% catch rate). Winston actually took over mid way through game 4,but I didn't want to go their that split... But the drop off is pretty dramatic... 

He is 32...so not far from it. Speed's the first thing to go... 

I don't know, can't hate the move, but it still didn't excite me. He's been a very productive receiver throughout his career... Just reached 10k receiving yards... Has the 100 games this year and is adjust half way too 1k this season. Should I love this potential move?! Why don't I? 

Man a 5th round pick I don’t care if we get 2 yrs production out of him, how many 5th round picks stay on our team for at least 2 yrs that we’ve drafted & makes an impact, he’ll you know how many bust 2nd round picks we wasted 

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

So the thing we should get for our QB who struggles to throw downfield and outside the numbers... is a WR who does his best work with QBs who throw downfield and outside the numbers.

Makes sense.

He’s gone always struggle throwing outside the #’s & deep if he never works wit a deep threat that can consistently take the top off defenses. Brady wasn’t a throw it deep outside the #’s QB till he got Moss & Stallsworth, deon Branch was more like Derick Mason shifty quick intermediate possession small receiver. Got to take the training wheels off Mariota if we ever plan on giving him an extension  

5 minutes ago, TitanRedd said:

He’s gone always struggle throwing outside the #’s & deep if he never works wit a deep threat that can consistently take the top off defenses. Brady wasn’t a throw it deep outside the #’s QB till he got Moss & Stallsworth, deon Branch was more like Derick Mason shifty quick intermediate possession small receiver. Got to take the training wheels off Mariota if we ever plan on giving him an extension  

Well geez, if the greatest QB of all time can do it while throwing to arguably the 2nd greatest WR ever,  then its should be easy for Mariota then.

People really need to stop using Brady as an example for anything. 

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

So the thing we should get for our QB who struggles to throw downfield and outside the numbers... is a WR who does his best work with QBs who throw downfield and outside the numbers.

Makes sense.

You have to atleast have the threat. Otherwise the defense just sits on the short to intermediate routes inside the numbers.

13 minutes ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Well geez, if the greatest QB of all time can do it while throwing to arguably the 2nd greatest WR ever,  then its should be easy for Mariota then.

People really need to stop using Brady as an example for anything. 

Okay fair enough, point is this how da bleep you ever think 1 can ever get better at something without trying ? duh. How else does a QB becomes a better deep thrower outside the numbers ? I know throwing to practice squad receivers & WR wit no speed to take the top off, or a deep threat that can’t catch, or locate the ball in the air. People really need to think about the point that’s being made verses trying to make a point ??‍♂️

10 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

You have to atleast have the threat. Otherwise the defense just sits on the short to intermediate routes inside the numbers.

There is a such thing as having a weakness as a passer. Thats been Mariota's clear weakness since he's been in the league.

This is a chicken and egg argument. One could argue that our WR's development is hampered by his lack of confidence throwing outside. You can have elite WR's, if you don't trust your arm, its moot.

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

There is a such thing as having a weakness as a passer. Thats been Mariota's clear weakness since he's been in the league.

This is a chicken and egg argument. One could argue that our WR's development is hampered by his lack of confidence throwing outside. You can have elite WR's, if you don't trust your arm, its moot.

So because it’s a weakness means we should just completely eliminate the option?

1 minute ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Now I see yo point in this can’t argue wit that, which is why I said we need to find out what’s the problem before we extend him, a 5th round pick won’t hurt 

Archived