2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

7 minutes ago, P_locniners said:

Yeah, im for Verrett. If Ansah comes at a very discounted rate I would be for it, but if we go EDGE with first pick, i would like to see them get all the opportunity they can get.

The chiefs should be all over Ziggy at this point, right? He's probably going to take a discounted prove it deal, fits nicely in their scheme, and after tearing down their pass rushers, they need someone who can get to the QB. Makes so much sense for them

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The chiefs should be all over Ziggy at this point, right? He's probably going to take a discounted prove it deal, fits nicely in their scheme, and after tearing down their pass rushers, they need someone who can get to the QB. Makes so much sense for them

You would think, i can definitely see them kicking tires and trying to throw a 1-year prove it at him. They were stripped of their pass-rush and have to fill the void somehow.

Just now, Pandomonium said:

so my question is... with this Verrett signing are we done looking for a starting CB or do we still try to draft one high (1st-3rd)

Cb should not be a pick in the first three rounds. 

5 minutes ago, Pandomonium said:

if he balls out...we extend him (pay him)

Nooooooooo

If he balls out, you thank him for an awesome one year at a cheap price and let someone else be foolish enough to sign him long term for decent money while we snag the comp pick. There's no way I'm signing him to any sort of even decent money longer term deal. This deal is great because it's only one year and cheap, so his injury history isn't an issue. But even if he's healthy this year, I'm not counting on that being the case moving forward to warrant a decent multi year deal following it. 

2 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

After acquiring Dee Ford, the trade for him was super unlikely to ever happen, though I will admit that I was super intrigued and was warming up nicely to the idea of having him on the roster. 

Archived