2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

Dang, looks like Darby is visiting the Chiefs. I'd much rather have him than Verrett. Both are injury prone but Darby is 'less' injury prone, if you can say that, and 3 years younger. I would definitely rather go that route. I think I heard that Verrett has played 5 games in the last 3 years. Not a good track record. 

EDIT: I will ad a caveat; if Verrett returns to form and stays healthy he is definitely a very worthwhile signing. I just have no faith that he can stay, or even get, on the field. 

7 minutes ago, Gore Whore 21 said:

Dang, looks like Darby is visiting the Chiefs. I'd much rather have him than Verrett. Both are injury prone but Darby is 'less' injury prone, if you can say that, and 3 years younger. I would definitely rather go that route. I think I heard that Verrett has played 5 games in the last 3 years. Not a good track record. 

EDIT: I will ad a caveat; if Verrett returns to form and stays healthy he is definitely a very worthwhile signing. I just have no faith that he can stay, or even get, on the field. 

Darby will also cost more. Verrett may sign for super cheap.

7 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Dr. Bill Simmons and his son little billy simmons were the only boston fans i can really stomach

Bill Simmons is such a Celtics homer that I get annoyed way too easily with him. Also his voice gives me a headache. It sounds like he is trying to decide between sounding like a woman and a cartoon chipmunk or something.

With that said, all Boston fans are homers for the Celtics, Red Sox, and Pats.

So far, our FA haul is

-DE Dee Ford (2020 2nd round pick)

-LB Kwon Alexander

-RB Tevin Coleman

-K Jonathan Brown 

Re-sign S Jimmie Ward, LS Kyle Nelson, Franchise K Robbie Gould, Tender LB Elijah Lee, CB Greg Magin, RB Raheem Mostert

...I guess its ok. Getting Earl Thomas would have made me feel a lot better, not sure our cap space though 

We'll probably look for a CB and WR now? I've been hearing Jason Verett and Jermaine Kearse linked to us (i'd also like Golden Tate)

1 minute ago, struby3 said:

Bill Simmons is such a Celtics homer that I get annoyed way too easily with him. Also his voice gives me a headache. It sounds like he is trying to decide between sounding like a woman and a cartoon chipmunk or something.

With that said, all Boston fans are homers for the Celtics, Red Sox, and Pats.

Lmao not false, his basketball talk is second to none though thats really why I like him. 

I saw Maiocco write its for 5m...little rich for my blood but whatever. I guess Jimmie Ward gets one more year to collect disability insurance from the 49ers.

3 minutes ago, mw2noobbuster said:

Is it though? With McKinnon coming off a torn ACL and not playing all year and Breida getting injured every third play I don't see an issue with this. It's not like we signed some scrub, Coleman is legit. 

It is when there are bigger issues to be found. The roster building is maddening. We didn't have to look at the running back market at all. My guess is that someone is gone before the start of the season. I Like coleman the player, actually really like the contract lol. I hate the roster building priorities. 

Just now, Forge said:

It is when there are bigger issues to be found. The roster building is maddening. We didn't have to look at the running back market at all. My guess is that someone is gone before the start of the season. I Like coleman the player, actually really like the contract lol. I hate the roster building priorities. 

So if we were to sign Clinton Dix and Verrett would you be happy with this signing? I definitely see what you're getting at, but I'm talking but Colemen and his contract by itself. 

Archived