2019 Free Agency Thread

Forge

5 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The only guy I imagine we would have an interest in trading for is Ryan Shazier. He's the guy that most exemplifies what we are looking for in a player. Basically someone to give our new hockey training staff some baseline data. 

Are there some injured SDE/3Tech tweeners we can grab? 

8 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

The only guy I imagine we would have an interest in trading for is Ryan Shazier. He's the guy that most exemplifies what we are looking for in a player. Basically someone to give our new hockey training staff some baseline data. 

Not a bad shout actually, also wouldn't be surprised if we kick the tires on Eric Berry. 

50 minutes ago, N4L said:

Oh perfect! By that logic we can do what we did with edge last year, and completely ignore both positions! LOL

That had to be our reasoning last year when we didn't sign anyone, and didn't draft anyone for one of the weakest spots on our roster

And a year later they got a 13 sack pass rusher for far less than Chicago gave up for Mack(and far less than we offered for Mack).

Just now, DirtyJersey9er said:

And a year later they got a 13 sack pass rusher for far less than Chicago gave up for Mack(and far less than we offered for Mack).

Are you counting that as a positive? Because the difference between Mack and Ford is pretty immense.

Just now, John232 said:

Eric Berry released. I'm assuming he's a Brown but we should go for him...buuut we probably wont. 

Browns are set a free safety

Peppers was a SS

This is a perfect candidate to sign. Paraag will structure a deal where Erik has to play. Basically what we gave Sherman 

Just now, N4L said:

Browns are set a free safety

Peppers was a SS

This is a perfect candidate to sign. Paraag will structure a deal where Erik has to play. Basically what we gave Sherman 

Yeah, but they were in on Earl, so clearly they are not opposed to having interchangeable safeties in their scheme. 

Plus Dorsey + KC + Berry...that signing makes a lot of sense if the Browns grab him. 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Umm...I feel like we should have done that before we offered him a bazillion dollars

Honestly..are they allowed too? I thought things like Medical details only really get disclosed come until the physical. 

Archived