Week 5: Jacksonville Jaguars @ Kansas City Chiefs - #1 vs #1

pwny

Well, I mentioned giving the Chiefs an edge due to coaching but holy hell I did not expect that difference to be that HUGE.

This staff has an incredibly stiff inability to adjust.  If the gameplan works,  great and we'll look good. But if it wasn't...well...

Yeldon was carving them up and our big OL (which were struggling with their smaller rush Ends) so naturally on 3rd and 2 we decide to go open backfield for a...uh... what was that a quick fade to the end zone? Then follow it up with a shotgun on 4th and 2? Brilliant.

The defense did ok and had it's moments but KC and their offensive weapon/playcalling definitely gave them fits. We were clearly backpedaling and were worried of their speed/trick plays.

And my golly Blake...the screen, the throw to Cann helmet, that knuckle ball. 

I said it at the beginning of the season, but I think this team had a false sense of security that this defense was just going to do what it did last season.

We're 5 games in and were way behind in sacks, ints, ff, and touchdowns. Expecting this defense to score 7 touchdowns to bail out our offense was an unrealistic goal.

I'm sure the defense will pick it up against just about any other offense not the Chiefs so i dont expect 30 points every week (or even 23 surrendered).

But with injuries piling up on offense,  our margin of victory just got even narrower

4 hours ago, Speedyg said:

Well, I mentioned giving the Chiefs an edge due to coaching but holy hell I did not expect that difference to be that HUGE.

This staff has an incredibly stiff inability to adjust.  If the gameplan works,  great and we'll look good. But if it wasn't...well...

Yeldon was carving them up and our big OL (which were struggling with their smaller rush Ends) so naturally on 3rd and 2 we decide to go open backfield for a...uh... what was that a quick fade to the end zone? Then follow it up with a shotgun on 4th and 2? Brilliant.

The defense did ok and had it's moments but KC and their offensive weapon/playcalling definitely gave them fits. We were clearly backpedaling and were worried of their speed/trick plays.

And my golly Blake...the screen, the throw to Cann helmet, that knuckle ball. 

I said it at the beginning of the season, but I think this team had a false sense of security that this defense was just going to do what it did last season.

We're 5 games in and were way behind in sacks, ints, ff, and touchdowns. Expecting this defense to score 7 touchdowns to bail out our offense was an unrealistic goal.

I'm sure the defense will pick it up against just about any other offense not the Chiefs so i dont expect 30 points every week (or even 23 surrendered).

But with injuries piling up on offense,  our margin of victory just got even narrower

That pissed me off more than anything. Yeldon was running better than most games and specifically that drive but we ignored him on 3rd and 2 and if you go for 4th and 2 then you knew you would do that on 3rd and 2. RUN THE DAMN BALL

On 08/10/2018 at 7:57 AM, .Buzz said:

We definitely can as long as the turnovers don't happen (which was an abnormality). We got in their redzone/their side of the field plenty but had turnovers. Not to mention Blake's awful pick six.

Yeldon was averaging like 6-7 ypc too.

Is that our offense being (almost) good?  Or just actual rope-a-dope "bend but don't break" defense actually played properly?  That's what those type of defenses do to a team.  Oh yeah, everything's going alright, ahhh yeah we're moving now and uhhhhhhhhhh our idiot QB just efffed it all up again with an "untimely" turnover.  The Patriots are the masters of that over the years.

At some point...you've gotta start keeping the offense fresh.

On 10/7/2018 at 2:07 PM, Jags said:

Patrick Mahomes arm is beautiful. 

All the NFL is finding this out.  I hope the Pats can get a dose of it. Our Oline will be different tho as we lost our RG, LDT.  Bortles will rebound. I really think he's under=rated. Our D just had a rare good day.  Still like Ramsey. Nice long strider. Good luck to you guys.

Archived