Nostalgic/Throwback games chat thread

TecmoSuperJoe

On 10/15/2023 at 7:05 AM, TecmoSuperJoe said:

I maintain the creamsicle uniforms weren't half bad... aesthetically not any worse then the Oilers, 70s/80s Broncos, or Dolphins (to name a few that get love)

However, when the team trotting out wearing them are godawful for the better part of two decades, people start confusing the laundry with the talent. 

Heck, I'm a GB fan and would absolutely tell you that the only reason the just-OK forest green + yellow has been so sticky is the 7 titles won while wearing them.

• Like 1

Not from the NFL, but I remember being pretty invested in the 2007 Hawaii squad. Love the June Jones/Mouse Davis Run N' Shoot offensive philosophy even to this day, and it was great to see Colt toss the rock around the field. Thought he might have a chance at a career in the NFL, but it didn't happen. Shame that he passed away so young. 

it was great to see Colt toss the rock around the field. Thought he might have a chance at a career in the NFL, but it didn't happen. Shame that he passed away so young. 

Barry McCockiner recently did a video grading the QB classes of this century:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGPjEMmlJqo

He did talk about Colt Brennan in the 2008 portion, and how he thought he would be something.

• Like 1

Spotlight article on one of my favorite tight ends ever Dwayne Carswell. Played for the Broncos his entire career pretty much all during the Shanahan era save his rookie season. He basically became an extra OL that could be utilized in a bunch of different ways. Did a lot of the dirty-work in the ZBS system, and glistened for about a decade. 

https://predominantlyorange.com/posts/denver-broncos-dwayne-carswell-was-mainstay-in-trenches