Nostalgic/Throwback games chat thread

TecmoSuperJoe

1 hour ago, El Ramster said:

God I remember that game! Faulk scored and Jeff Wilkins recovered his own inside kick. 

That game made me hate Jason seahorn so much. Then the bears took lovie from us. Martz not trusting bulger was a huge mistake. 

Bulger had thrown I think 2 INTS up to that point, but yes Martz was a doofus not going for the win regardless. You never settle for OT if you have a chance to get a to win the game. Especially if you're the home team in the playoffs. Dennis Green made the same mistake in the 1998 NFC title game. John Fox in the 2012 AFC Divisional. Always feels like that is a psychological win for the away team. Thankfully that type of thinking is now outdated, and you don't see a stunt like that as much now. 

Edited by TecmoSuperJoe
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Still my favorite game of all time, and probably the absolute peak of my fandom. Everything came together that day, and Alex Smith was at his best. Probably is taken down by now, but the whole game has been on YouTube and is one worth watching again

2012 AFC Championship Baltimore Ravens (11-6) at New England Patriots (13-4) 

Sunday Jan 20, 2013
Start Time: 6:40pm
Stadium: Gillette Stadium
Attendance: 68,756
Time of Game: 3:07

One of my favorite championship games. Patriots had a 13-7 halftime lead, and up until this point, the Patriots in the Brady era were 72-0 when leading at halftime on their home turf. Despite this, the Ravens battled back, and just had a remarkable second half to advance to the Super Bowl. 

20 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

A channel I figure you might really appreciate @TecmoSuperJoe(and others in to old games), this guy has uploaded a bunch of older games and pre-games/nfl features in really cleaned up/good quality:

https://www.youtube.com/@davevolskysbackdoor5673/videos

Oh I'm very familiar with Dave's channel. Especially when it comes to 49ers games. I've replaced the shaky copies of some of my games with his games to update my archives. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Oh I'm very familiar with Dave's channel. Especially when it comes to 49ers games. I've replaced the shaky copies of some of my games with his games to update my archives. 

The work he's done is super impressive. I've seen people take old movies and try to upscale/improve them, first time seeing it with sports games.

NFL would do well to hire people to do that/like him and release old seasons of games. Wish I could purchase old Titans seasons and the like without having to rely on online sourcing.

• Like 1