Trades you want this year

3rivers

2 hours ago, wwhickok said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000972436/article/top-10-trade-candidates-the-leveon-bell-conundrum

Shayne Ray and Deone Bucannon are the names that stand out there. Denver could arguably be a team in need of an imrpovement at RB.

I was hoping for Ray next season, but now would work too. Ray, Adeyini , Watt, Dupree,  there could be a rotation to get these players snaps

14 hours ago, 3rivers said:

https://thesportsdaily.com/2018/10/14/patrick-peterson-trade-rumors-suggest-he-could-join-steelers-eagles/

what do you think it would take to get Peterson21 ?

If bell doesn't show up when he says, do we pull the tag, let bell walk and use the cap space for Peterson our new CB1a or CB1bxD

We have the cap space he would only require $5.8/m this year.  We have $8.1/m, I believe. 

What would we have to give up though?

I think our Def is more than one piece away from a Super Bowl.  If it weren’t I would be all in.

I saw a rather interesting 'offer' (aka reporter throwing crap into the fan) of a 3 way trade that would help teams (given how unlikely trades are, a 3 way is even more unlikely):

Arizona out: Patrick Peterson, Deone Buchannon

Arizona in: James Washington, Jason Peters, Philadelphia 2nd, Pittsburgh 5th

Pittsburgh out: Le'Veon Bell, James Washington, 5th, 2020 5th (conditional, 4th if he walks)

Pittsburgh in: Patrick Peterson, Brandon Graham, Philadelphia 4th

Philadelphia out: Jason Peters, Brandon Graham, 2nd, 4th

Philadelphia in: Le'Veon Bell, Deone Buchannon, Pittsburgh 2020 5th (conditional, 4th if he walks)

Like I said, highly highly unlikely, but overall we're not losing anything that hurts, and we're helping long term.  Philadelphia did fine with big V at LT, so moving on with Peters can be done, and they have a surplus of pass rushers.  Arizona moves on from 2 guys unlikely in their future, protect Rosen, and get ammo to a rebuild.

1 hour ago, warfelg said:

I saw a rather interesting 'offer' (aka reporter throwing crap into the fan) of a 3 way trade that would help teams (given how unlikely trades are, a 3 way is even more unlikely):

Pittsburgh out: Le'Veon Bell, James Washington, 5th, 2020 5th (conditional, 4th if he walks)

Philadelphia in: Le'Veon Bell, Deone Buchannon, Pittsburgh 2020 5th (conditional, 4th if he walks)

Like I said, highly highly unlikely, but overall we're not losing anything that hurts, and we're helping long term.  Philadelphia did fine with big V at LT, so moving on with Peters can be done, and they have a surplus of pass rushers.  Arizona moves on from 2 guys unlikely in their future, protect Rosen, and get ammo to a rebuild.

LMAO... I would take it in a heartbeat, but it's a pipe dream.

On 2018-10-16 at 9:09 AM, warfelg said:

where did you see this? It's exactly what I hoped for, but I wanted to trade other players (dupree and burns) and keep washington

I saw another online site that said Peterson alone might be 2nd and a fifth. I this is  the case, the steelers should go for that.

Then pull the tag and let bell walk, forget the RD3 pick and everything else. Get the top tier CB and be grateful it was  for a 2nd and 5th. 

Maybe if colbert lurks on here, he can consider another game changer, but now on D:

On 10/16/2018 at 8:09 PM, 3rivers said:

where did you see this? It's exactly what I hoped for, but I wanted to trade other players (dupree and burns) and keep washington

I saw another online site that said Peterson alone might be 2nd and a fifth. I this is  the case, the steelers should go for that.

Then pull the tag and let bell walk, forget the RD3 pick and everything else. Get the top tier CB and be grateful it was  for a 2nd and 5th. 

Maybe if colbert lurks on here, he can consider another game changer, but now on D:

Honestly...what is your fascination with getting Dupree out of here? Even if we did bring someone like Graham in, that leaves, what, exactly...Chickillo?  Fort?  No, sorry, I can't support getting rid of Dupree during his best season to date.  He may not be the 1st Rd Selection we were hoping for, but he's far from being a Jarvis Jones, who, if you and the rest remember, I supported for years.  Problem is, he never DID get better, so I was fine when they finally parted ways with him, because it was clear he just was not ever going to be a good NFL starting OLB.  But Dupree?  You want to get rid of him when he's on pace to surpass every seasonal stat to date??  Some he already has, in PDs, INTs, and FFs (tie), after just six games.

Look, if he ends the season looking like he did at the end of last season, with no improvement (meaning, he would have to regress from his current play), then sure. But I think he deserves a shot to complete this season, and IMO, he deserves the opportunity to be coached by a decent LB coach.  Quick--name one OLB that Porter has successfully developed--and don't even try to say Watt...he was 'gift wrapped' someone from one of the most NFL talent-laden bloodlines in the history of the game; if anything, I'm betting that Watt would be EVEN better, with proper coaching. I actually think he's being marginalized by the lack of coaching/talent development capability of Porter, and by the very 'average-ness' of our DC. Butler probably needs replacing as well.

You want my opinion?? (Probably not, LOL, but I'm gonna give it, anyway--tee hee)  If Tomlin/Colbert are smart...Okay, never mind...I'll say it a different way...If Santa came early (That's probably more likely to happen than Tomlin/Colbert being smart AND tough--willing to do what's best...), then Butler would be replaced (Rex Ryan, baby!  I know 43M floated that idea several years back), as would Porter, and whoever the heck is our lame DBs coach.  Our defense will continue to be on the bottom half of the league in both yds and points until these three things happen--Bank it!  Please...PLEASE, Butler, Porter, DB coach...prove me wrong...I want SOOO much to be wrong about this. 

Why the heck (other than he's a ******-bag) are we not hiring Deebo to be our LB coach?  If a 6' 240lb UDFA can rise to be the most feared OLB of his day...become the NFL's DPOY and get 2 x 1st Team All-Pro Nods.  He accumulated 25 FF in a four year span...the same number Porter accumulated in his entire career.  Our linebackers would be coached up to be 'monsters'...rather than 'monster talkers'...again, just my opinion, and probably a bad one.

My point is...Porter is NOT getting it done; if anything, I'd put my money on him actually 'hindering' our younger OLBs' development; there has to be a better option out there.  I applaud Tomlin's loyalty, but at some point, you have to know when the time has arrived to make a change.  Defensively, ranked 22nd in YPG /21st in PPG is simply NOT getting it done, and Porter is part of the problem...as is the DB coach...but until Butler is sent packing, switching position coaches will only provide minimal help.

@Ward4HOF dupree might be tradable and I don't see it worth the risk of the 5th year option if he gets hurt. He has played a bit better lately. Trading burns is more obvious, as he shouldn't even be on the team and wouldn't if he wasn't a RD1 pick.   Dupree surpassing every season to date only makes him a trade option at this point, not a pro bowler, so lets not get carried away. Agree about you coaching comments, porter probably could be replaced.

I can agree about you comment to replace butler with Rex only if Rex is allowed to get the players he wants and if he can have control of the D.  Butler might not be totally at fault. I am starting to think Burns was at fault as well as Davis for the communication breakdowns early in the season, but we don't have the all 2-2 breakdown to verify.  I have been in factor of chang eon D, from butler to scheme or at least a few starters. Maybe I will believe in santa again, I hope he doesn't remember when I age a few of the cookies.

57 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Why the heck (other than he's a ******-bag) are we not hiring Deebo to be our LB coach?

Perhaps you forgot about how he left the tea, and how dupree commented about it?

I don't remember you supporting jarvis because that is a memory to be removed, but please consider that others aren't as tolerant of sub"standard"  OLB play as you are. 

4 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

@Ward4HOF dupree might be tradable and I don't see it worth the risk of the 5th year option if he gets hurt. He has played a bit better lately. Trading burns is more obvious, as he shouldn't even be on the team and wouldn't if he wasn't a RD1 pick.   Dupree surpassing every season to date only makes him a trade option at this point, not a pro bowler, so lets not get carried away. Agree about you coaching comments, porter probably could be replaced.

I can agree about you comment to replace butler with Rex only if Rex is allowed to get the players he wants and if he can have control of the D.  Butler might not be totally at fault. I am starting to think Burns was at fault as well as Davis for the communication breakdowns early in the season, but we don't have the all 2-2 breakdown to verify.  I have been in factor of chang eon D, from butler to scheme or at least a few starters. Maybe I will believe in santa again, I hope he doesn't remember when I age a few of the cookies.

Perhaps you forgot about how he left the tea, and how dupree commented about it?

I don't remember you supporting jarvis because that is a memory to be removed, but please consider that others aren't as tolerant of sub"standard"  OLB play as you are. 

No, I didn't forget...that's why I added the part about him being a...well, I won't say it again...but man, he could do wonders with our LB corps, if he actually put his mind to it.  He never would, because he's all about himself, and his family, and that's it. So I full-well understand he would NEVER work-out as I would love to envision it--too many roadblocks.

And I am tolerant of substandard OLB play at all; you are missing my point entirely. My point is, he's improving...despite Porter, and Butler, and he's still just 25YO.  I'm saying, if he can overcome crappy coaching, as he's starting to show, then why would you give up on him now?  He has 3 sacks, 1 FF, 1 Pick-six, and 3 PDs (matching his career total before the season started), and we are just 6 games into the season. I'm saying, give him a chance to finish the season, since he's showing improvement; I'm asking why would you give up on a young OLB who is improving, despite our DC/LB coach, and with no one even CLOSE to being as good waiting in the wings...how is that helpful, exactly?  Like I said, even if you bring one in, you are telling 'us' you'd rather have Chickillo remain as our back-up option over the guy who has posted the stats I just presented above, and has actually 'looked' better, as well? I'm sorry, but that makes no sense to me.

Unless we trade him, and bring back TWO OLBs in a trade, that we can afford, that are better than Dupree (highly doubtful), then trading our Starting...relatively CHEAP, and improving,  OLB doesn;t seem like a wise move...like, at all. 

23 minutes ago, Ward4HOF said:

Unless we trade him, and bring back TWO OLBs in a trade, that we can afford, that are better than Dupree (highly doubtful), then trading our Starting...relatively CHEAP, and improving,  OLB doesn;t seem like a wise move...like, at all. 

This has been covered a few time, so we will let it rest for now anyways. Lets hope everyone has a good season an that includes the coaches and HC in making the right personnel decisions and see how this season plays out.  I don't expect bell to return until after the trade deadline either

Archived