Week 6 GDT - San Francisco (1-4) @ Green Bay (2-2-1)

Leader

2 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think there's room for both. MVS can split snaps with Allison and Cobb if you need to get him a certain percentage. 

Agree - and recommended IMO. If we're moving past Cobb after this year - best we get these rookie WRs some on the field seasoning. They can contribute now (IMO) and it will be best for the team going forward. Outside of no huddle situations, rotating WRs in and out of the offense is easy.

What defensive adjustments (if any that you noted) did SF put in to change our offensive flow from smooth and crisp - to less so?
Either they put some new packages in on D to stop us - we we quit executing like we had been. Which was it?

Why crunch time approached.....when the game was on the line.....some people stepped up:

"The Packers defense limited San Francisco to just four offensive yards during the 49ers final three drives. Kevin King capped the shaky night with his first career interception to set up the game winning drive for Green Bay"

26 minutes ago, Leader said:

What defensive adjustments (if any that you noted) did SF put in to change our offensive flow from smooth and crisp - to less so?
Either they put some new packages in on D to stop us - we we quit executing like we had been. Which was it?

Looked like SF had a QB spy on most of the PA/bootlegs we ran in the second quarter.
Went to the well one to many times in that regard.

3 minutes ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Looked like SF had a QB spy on most of the PA/bootlegs we ran in the second quarter.
Went to the well one to many times in that regard.

Thanks for that. I'll have to watch the game but impression-wise it appeared their D was far more active - packed in along the LOS - and shooting blitzers than when the game began. We went from a smooth operating machine to AR getting pressured / holding on to the ball too long.

9 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Can anyone confirm @Norm survived this one? 

Buddy when you wake up 3 hrs from now in some ditch outside a Wendy's in South Dakota (I think that's where you live) try not to go on a profanity laced victory tyrade. 

That's all I got, keep on living the life we're all envious of.

I made sure not to get online. Hey we won though. Yay

Exciting to see a game where they actually looked like a different team from the week before.  I will happily take the mistakes right now, if it leads to giving guys more opportunities to make plays.  Gotta stick with these young receivers.  The team looked like they were having fun out there too.

The defense was up and down, but the 49ers look better than their record would indicate.  Tons of injuries.  Beathard doesn't look bad, and Shanahan is definitely smart.

1 hour ago, Arthur Penske said:

Can the defense use the bye week to learn they have to play a whole game and not just one half per game?

Next week we will have 2 halves of stellar defense... Bye won't score any points.  They will make up for the fortunate good game by having no good defensive halves against the Rams.  

:D

Archived