Packers Lions Post Game

skibrett15

2 minutes ago, Golfman said:

Everything on this team is fixable except:

1. The pass rush - Matthews and Perry aren't getting it done and they are not going to get it done. Gilbert is slightly better than a JAG and Fackrell is less than a JAG. I think one poster stated they were more effective and Matthews and Perry too and it's hard to argue. Think about that for a minute. 

2. The head coach - He is who he is and he's often out coached. He can't possibly see all the offensive innovation going on around the league and think the same crap is still going to work or keep up. If his QB is checking out of too many plays sit his *** for a half and let him know you're in charge. This will never happen so we will continue in our offensive morass. 

3. Mason Crosby will be a head case the rest of the year. I've never really been a fan, admittedly, but today was a joke. Has a kicker ever missed 5 kicks in a game? Asking for a friend. 

Go watch the playoff game in Dallas again and take a cold shower. This is beyond ridiculous. In fact, look around the league today. A lot of misses. Crosby is one of the best in the league.

1 minute ago, Golfman said:

Wish he would do this with his young receivers rather than continually berate them. Favre used to make kids like we had playing WR today, look all-pro. He's let them know he was coming there way and had confidence in them. Rodgers doesn't want them on the field and it's pretty obvious. 

What he did for Crosby, good on him. The way he treats young WR's, that is not leadership. 

He did, and they showed it on TV. He also gave them props in his post game interview which you can watch at Packers.com. 

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

Go watch the playoff game in Dallas again and take a cold shower. This is beyond ridiculous. In fact, look around the league today. A lot of misses. Crosby is one of the best in the league.

Weird.  Why doesn't he make more kicks than other kickers then?

I remember way, way back in 2016 when Aaron emphasized, after the Pack got blown out in Atlanta, the need host a NFC Championship game at Lambeau.

Losses in the NFC hurt and NFC North losses hurt the most.

Today's loss, with road games remaining at the LA Rams, NE, Minnesota, and Chicago, puts the Pack way behind the 8-ball when it comes to HFA.

1 minute ago, Toddfather said:

What?

I guess I just expect the best kickers to be more accurate at any given distance than other kickers.  So if you're saying he's one of the best, why doesn't he make more fgs at the same distances as other kickers in the same conditions?

5 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

I guess I just expect the best kickers to be more accurate at any given distance than other kickers.  So if you're saying he's one of the best, why doesn't he make more fgs at the same distances as other kickers in the same conditions?

who are the kickers? What is the scenario? I mean what are you asking without asking anything at all? 

2 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

How does he compare when you account for variables outside of his control? Weather, opportunities, etc.

He's pretty average overall.  Average or below average at all distances:

20-29: 98% vs League 97%

30-39: 87% vs 89%

40-49: 75% vs 77%

50+: 52% vs 61%

9 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

who are the kickers? What is the scenario? I mean what are you asking without asking anything at all? 

I dunno, Cairo Santos? Whoever the heck you want.  Crosby is pretty much the definition of average kicker.

48 minutes ago, {Family Ghost} said:

Lions were 4-4 scoring TD's in the redzone ... the Packers again struggled when they got near the redzone.  That's been a problem for a couple seasons now.  This offense tightens up like clam when it gets near an endzone.

Mac loves passing in the RZ. Loves it rarely do we run or offer it. He seemed better a couple games this year well not really. But he cuts his run plays from the play calling in the RZ. Every DC will know this and know his tendencies. We are a good team with capable players. Mac is predictable and stale though. He call win games and he’s adjusted things in the passing game but we re still not that creative. Loved Mac back in the day but he’s really set in his ways it’s too bad too as a slight change could be huge. That Or AR isn’t taking the right reads on the plays. Either way it’s real possible a change is required at the top. 

Archived