2018-2019 NCAAB Thread

11sanchez11

13 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Zags!!

Did their best to lose but Duke couldn't get a bucket on like 3 or 4 straight possessions.

I was so certain Zags were going to blow it and this ridiculous Duke hype train would grow 10x as large. Thank God.

I will say, and this is as the #1 Duke hater in all the land, I think that was a no call at the end and Duke should have gotten 2 FTs BUT they were so fortunate to even be in that position, the missed FTs, super weak fouls in the 1st half on Zaga that seemed inconsequential at time since it was a blowout. Zags outplayed them and showed they are not some all time great college team that can go and beat NBA teams lol. Duke did show composure in nearly erasing a 16 pt lead. They are very good, as good as anyone else in the country, but it's still a team reliant on 3 freshman and an 8 deep roster, they will not just roll through the season.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, 11sanchez11 said:

And to think Zona had a double digit lead in the 2nd half on the Zags. Our center fouled out with like 17 minutes to go and out other two bigs also had 4 most of the 2nd half. They got a bunch of O-rebs and they hit everything the last 10 minutes.

Also Illinois nearly knocked them off. Either Zags had a poor few games or this tournament was stacked... I do think Zona is going to far exceed expectations with this little Coleman kid tearing it up. Not sure about Illinois, TBD. They were hitting a lot of tough 3s that game.