Week 6: Other Games

Klomp

4 hours ago, Klomp said:

I'm going to go out on a limb here.....

If they switched teams, Josh Allen would be more productive in Cleveland than Baker Mayfield has been.

I have only watched Mayfield in one games so maybe I don't know enough about how much he has struggled but given how Allen has played it seems that is a pretty thin limb somewhere way high on the tree. Allen has been pretty terrible overall. Buffalo made a huge mistake pushing Allen into the starting lineup. It is pretty clear that he is not ready. I know you are a big Allen supporter but I have to imagine that even you would agree that Allen has no business starting in the league at this point. I see the potential that you see but Allen has a lot of learning and refinement if he is to ever get anywhere near that potential. He should be sitting and learning while watching someone do it IMO.

I just looked at the football outsiders ratings and Allen is ranked last by a pretty wide margin. His DYAR is -449. Second worst is Tyron Taylor at -271. Only considering guys that are still starting, next worse QB is Prescott at -211 followed by Mariota at -86.  That is a DYAR that should be more humiliating to Allen than the amount of humiliation he put on Barr a few weeks ago.

I don't know if Allen will ever get anywhere near his potential but the early signs are not good for him. I can see why you would hope for him to be somewhere else. Cleveland likely would have kept him on the bench and let Taylor continue to stink while considering Allens longer term development.

53 minutes ago, Cearbhall said:

I have only watched Mayfield in one games so maybe I don't know enough about how much he has struggled but given how Allen has played it seems that is a pretty thin limb somewhere way high on the tree. Allen has been pretty terrible overall. Buffalo made a huge mistake pushing Allen into the starting lineup. It is pretty clear that he is not ready. I know you are a big Allen supporter but I have to imagine that even you would agree that Allen has no business starting in the league at this point. I see the potential that you see but Allen has a lot of learning and refinement if he is to ever get anywhere near that potential. He should be sitting and learning while watching someone do it IMO.

I just looked at the football outsiders ratings and Allen is ranked last by a pretty wide margin. His DYAR is -449. Second worst is Tyron Taylor at -271. Only considering guys that are still starting, next worse QB is Prescott at -211 followed by Mariota at -86.  That is a DYAR that should be more humiliating to Allen than the amount of humiliation he put on Barr a few weeks ago.

I don't know if Allen will ever get anywhere near his potential but the early signs are not good for him. I can see why you would hope for him to be somewhere else. Cleveland likely would have kept him on the bench and let Taylor continue to stink while considering Allens longer term development.

My reasoning comes down to personnel. They're both struggling at a pretty similar level and you're right that neither of them should be starting right now, but Allen is struggling with far less offensive talent around him. Give Allen the supporting cast that Mayfield has and he'd look better.

3 minutes ago, Klomp said:

Of course the Packers did it....

That Penalty on Sherman was some major B.S, I don't think King had possession on the INT, and Adams didn't get his feet in bounds but nothing was reviewed. Gotta love the home cooking at Lambeau

Only Rodgers can go from... “ouch my knee hurts,” to “oh there’s a penalty,” to “I’m going to run for 30 yards now!”

partly saying that tongue-in-cheek, because I’m sure the injury hurts, but the dude knows how to milk it. 

4 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

That Penalty on Sherman was some major B.S, I don't think King had possession on the INT, and Adams didn't get his feet in bounds but nothing was reviewed. Gotta love the home cooking at Lambeau

Reaching with the INT - all turnovers are automatically reviewed. Even if didnt come down with it, it was going to be 4th down. The INT was a damn good punt. 

4 minutes ago, RpMc said:

Reaching with the INT - all turnovers are automatically reviewed. Even if didnt come down with it, it was going to be 4th down. The INT was a damn good punt. 

Oh I agree it was a good punt. I am not convinced that the ground didn't help him secure that ball and if it's overturned that's another 7ish seconds off the clock with the punt

5 minutes ago, byuvike88 said:

Oh I agree it was a good punt. I am not convinced that the ground didn't help him secure that ball and if it's overturned that's another 7ish seconds off the clock with the punt

Which was inconsequential, the Pack tied the game with plenty of time and we’re in field goal range with more than seven seconds left. ?‍♂️

INT looked clean to me. 

Archived