SNF: Chiefs at Patriots

kingseanjohn

27 minutes ago, Kip Smithers said:

Plus if he didn’t tackle him, you guys would rip Gronk for not going down at the 1 rather than scoring a TD. You guys are annoying with this.

No, for me, I'd say scoring the touchdown is the smart play. Because you don't know what could happen on a bad snap. If the Patriots already had the lead, then it would be smart for Gronk to do that like Brian Westbrook did years ago for the Eagles. But they needed a score of some kind to take the lead. 

Obviously though Gronk isn't going to be thinking about probabilities when he makes the catch. 

1 minute ago, PapaShogun said:

No, for me, I'd say scoring the touchdown is the smart play. Because you don't know what could happen on a bad snap. If the Patriots already had the lead, then it would be smart for Gronk to do that like Brian Westbrook did years ago for the Eagles. 

Obviously though Gronk isn't going to be thinking about probabilities when he makes the catch. 

gronk actually has an iq of 200 but takes advantage of the stereotype. what if tho O.o

2 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

No, for me, I'd say scoring the touchdown is the smart play. Because you don't know what could happen on a bad snap. If the Patriots already had the lead, then it would be smart for Gronk to do that like Brian Westbrook did years ago for the Eagles. But they needed a score of some kind to take the lead. 

I think Westbrook had the game won already, no kick needed - but I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, NJerseypaint said:

I think Westbrook had the game won already, no kick needed - but I could be wrong.

But that's what I'm saying. The Eagles didn't need to score. It was 10-6. Brian went down at the 1 before the two minute warning. Dallas never got the ball back. Zero chance for a miracle barring a Joe Pisarcik-like screw up with the ensuing kneel-downs. 

3 minutes ago, CKS97 said:

Just show him a tape of the Bills-Jaguars playoff game from this past January. Or Browns/Ravens last week.

feel like that Jags/Bills game was more anemic offense than anything. makes sense for the Bills but Jacksonville.. lmao

22 minutes ago, Belichick said:

in what world did you think it was a good idea to start an average to below average defense against one of the 3 best offenses in football lol........ there had to be better streaming options

edit: unless it was because of Tyreek in that case my bad

I was up by 45 points. My opponent had Tyreek Hill and Patrick Mahomes. 

22 minutes ago, Centurion said:

This time it didn't matter. However, someday it will. We lost regardless, but I agree, hate the decision.

With that offense, you can count on scoring again and having the option to go for two later in the game if you need to. 

If you're the bills, you try to tie the game when you have the chance. 

The idea is to go for two as few times as possible. Ideally you only need to do it once 

Archived