Week 7: Dallas Week GDT!

Ghostnote

4 hours ago, turtle28 said:

Again, what I said was true. He decided to just focus on posting in the 49 forum and abandon us mainly bc he had already gotten a warning and didn’t want to be suspended. He wasn’t scared of defending Smith, he just would’ve liked to be able to stay on the forum. he apologized to me for leaving me to fend for myself ? 

Only 2 people have ever been suspended/banned in the entire time I've been on this site. And one got back on after a few months in the offseason. The other will always be banned because he went bat guano crazy.

You all have gotten warnings. I've gotten warnings (before becoming a mod) including one by Webby himself. But we're still here talking about the Redskins.

Stay within the rules and you're golden. 

4 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Only 2 people have ever been suspended/banned in the entire time I've been on this site. And one got back on after a few months in the offseason. The other will always be banned because he went bat guano crazy.

You all have gotten warnings. I've gotten warnings (before becoming a mod) including one by Webby himself. But we're still here talking about the Redskins.

Stay within the rules and you're golden. 

I’m just telling you why he left this particular forum. He felt he was going to keep getting in awful arguments and end up being suspended. He didn’t want that so he quit posting here. He still stalks here though and likes a lot of my and HTTRG3’s posts, possibly other ppl’s too. He told me he was disappointed in Alex’s Play so far.

13 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Again, we almost went to the NFFCG in 05 bc of running the ball, great D and winning the turnover battle by a lot.

Come one man. We had a good D and we could run the ball. Our turnover ratio was exactly +1. So, no...we didn't win it by a lot.

And had "I need contact lenses" Carlos Rogers held onto a pick 6 we probably win the playoff game in Seattle. But that goes back to the above turnover ratio.

15 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

I’m just telling you why he left this particular forum. He felt he was going to keep getting in awful arguments and end up being suspended. He didn’t want that so he quit posting here. He still stalks here though and likes a lot of my and HTTRG3’s posts, possibly other ppl’s too. He told me he was disappointed in Alex’s Play so far.

And my goal is to always get more people involved in discussions. Webby likes that, The point, again, is to do so without violating rules set by him.

On a related note, and this has been related to me. People see him stalk and only like posts that praise Alex. But @lavar703 has a point that he has disappeared since the preseason. So as another poster said, it kinda seems like he doesn't want to eat crow. We've all had to do it here. It doesn't taste good (but I like mine with a lot of Sriracha to help with the taste). But again, I go back to this...

... follow the rules, and everything is good. Neither I nor Woz have to like what you post as a fan. And we may argue with you on your points. 

But as long as you follow the rules, I'm okay with it as a moderator.

BTW - the missed FG was kicked to the EZ where my seats were (about 14 rows up right behind the right upright). I was surrounded by Cowgirls fans who were celebrating what they thought was a good kick. Only to miss (in their celebration) that it turned left in a split second and doinked off the upright. 

Some salty people right there.

Hate to be negative and will always take a W, but Alex Smith (and Jay Gruden to a lesser extent) were borderline tragic. The decision making and inability to move the ball through the air is a glaring problem. Impossible that this way of winning can be sustained. In addition to not seeing guys run freely down the field, Smith was consistently inaccurate throughout the game. I hope they figure something out, because it looks worse and worse despite the winning. 

Archived