Is that the light at the end of the tunnel? (O.T. Thread)

zelbell

30 minutes ago, ReggieCamp said:

Correct.

My dad is sadly currently suffering from dementia, and Biden's mannerisms, facial expressions, and word fishing are almost identical to my dad.

The difference is that my dad is not the current POTUS and is not seeking re-election.

Sorry to hear about your pops, that’s rough.  

I work in healthcare and deal with olds all day everyday.  Some are still sharp, some not as much.  My MiL for example is Biden’s age and is still very sharp.  She also won’t drive after dark, use a GPS, and needs help with pretty much anything that uses electricity.  I don’t care how sharp someone is at 8X years old, they’re simply too old to do that job.

Both nominees would be absolutely unemployable for entry level jobs for most companies as they’d be perceived as not being up to the task.  And that’s not wrong.  But somehow these are the folks we think should run the whole country?  Insane.

I think having folks in their 80s around as a resource or for perspective is great.  Some of these oldsters have a lot of wisdom. That said, they have absolutely no business sitting in the big boys seats after about 65 or so. We need people who are both more in tune with modern problems and who have some actual skin in the game long term as they aren’t one foot in the grave while in office.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Sorry to hear about your pops, that’s rough.  

I work in healthcare and deal with olds all day everyday.  Some are still sharp, some not as much.  My MiL for example is Biden’s age and is still very sharp.  She also won’t drive after dark, use a GPS, and needs help with pretty much anything that uses electricity.  I don’t care how sharp someone is at 8X years old, they’re simply too old to do that job.

Both nominees would be absolutely unemployable for entry level jobs for most companies as they’d be perceived as not being up to the task.  And that’s not wrong.  But somehow these are the folks we think should run the whole country?  Insane.

I think having folks in their 80s around as a resource or for perspective is great.  Some of these oldsters have a lot of wisdom. That said, they have absolutely no business sitting in the big boys seats after about 65 or so. We need people who are both more in tune with modern problems and who have some actual skin in the game long term as they aren’t one foot in the grave while in office.

All that is true, plus it’s degenerative, so those hoping he can rebound are living in a fantasy land.

• Like 1

Just now, MWil23 said:

All that is true, plus it’s degenerative, so those hoping he can rebound are living in a fantasy land.

To be clear, this isn’t just Biden.  Trump has been making brain worm statements for a decade now.  Listen to both of them speak 20 or 30 years ago and listen to them now.  It’s like listening to different people entirely. 

They’re both too old, they’re both mentally regressing and neither are going to be any sharper than they are at this moment.  

Anyone thinking either of these two are capable of doing this job well NOW are absolutely kidding themselves.  Anyone thinking they’ll be able to do it well FOUR YEARS from now is absolutely delusional.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

To be clear, this isn’t just Biden.  Trump has been making brain worm statements for a decade now.  Listen to both of them speak 20 or 30 years ago and listen to them now.  It’s like listening to different people entirely. 

They’re both too old, they’re both mentally regressing and neither are going to be any sharper than they are at this moment.  

Anyone thinking either of these two are capable of doing this job well NOW are absolutely kidding themselves.  Anyone thinking they’ll be able to do it well FOUR YEARS from now is absolutely delusional.

Legitimately it’s hilarious to look at the “lies” from both in the debate and then ask yourself how many times they misspoke or just flat out didn’t remember. It’s absolutely hilarious and sad at the same time.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Strategically speaking, neither 1 of them will drop out of the race.

That has NEVER been good for either party.

For republicans it would be a nightmare, he’s got the party by the balls.

For dems? Idk.  I don’t know a single person who is voting for Biden BECAUSE of Biden.  They’re voting for the guy running opposite Trump.  All that person needs to do is string together coherent sentences (and somehow they’re missing that low bar).  I think this is one of the few instances where a change wouldn’t be catastrophic.

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

For republicans it would be a nightmare, he’s got the party by the balls.

For dems? Idk.  I don’t know a single person who is voting for Biden BECAUSE of Biden.  They’re voting for the guy running opposite Trump.  All that person needs to do is string together coherent sentences (and somehow they’re missing that low bar).  I think this is one of the few instances where a change wouldn’t be catastrophic.

They don’t want to sacrifice Newsome’s career and the future of the party who will lose in an absolute landslide and the Black Caucus made it clear they will not support anyone but Harris this past week. They have no viable candidate.

15 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

They don’t want to sacrifice Newsome’s career and the future of the party who will lose in an absolute landslide and the Black Caucus made it clear they will not support anyone but Harris this past week. They have no viable candidate.

Neither do republicans lol.  Harris would absolutely have to be the nominee if they didn’t want to look completely inept and she suffers from likability issues just like Hillary did.

But like, the other guy is a demented felon lol.  Having an option with a pulse and being under 70 should be enough for either party to win handily.

3 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Correct.

My dad is sadly currently suffering from dementia, and Biden's mannerisms, facial expressions, and word fishing are almost identical to my dad.

The difference is that my dad is not the current POTUS and is not seeking re-election.

Sorry to hear that, it runs on my mom's side and is tough to watch. My brain power is already diminished, a battle with the flu pre-covid left me without the ability to visualize so my brain is already struggling with certain things.

Hopefully it works out as well as possible for your dad.

39 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Neither do republicans lol.  Harris would absolutely have to be the nominee if they didn’t want to look completely inept and she suffers from likability issues just like Hillary did.

But like, the other guy is a demented felon lol.  Having an option with a pulse and being under 70 should be enough for either party to win handily.

The issue with Republicans is that their candidate is the “strongest” and has the party by the balls, so he won’t go away in the next 4 years unless he dies, as opposed to Democrats with an incumbent…and in some ways, DT is also an “incumbent” the way Grover Cleveland was. The whole thing is a pathetic indictment of the steely grip the boomers have on the country and refuse to let go.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MWil23 said:

The issue with Republicans is that their candidate is the “strongest” and has the party by the balls, so he won’t go away in the next 4 years unless he dies, as opposed to Democrats with an incumbent…and in some ways, DT is also an “incumbent” the way Grover Cleveland was. The whole thing is a pathetic indictment of the steely grip the boomers have on the country and refuse to let go.

I just hope this is an eye opener for everyone (it won’t be) and that people take the primaries seriously in 2028 (if we’re still having elections then).

Boomers are absolutely a part of the problem, but so is everyone else for allowing it to happen by not participating in the process.  Folks have to get out and vote, especially in the primaries, if they want to see change.  The olds, any olds, have always and probably will always vote. Everyone else needs to make their voices heard too.

• Like 1