Ezekiel Elliot (BYE this week)
James Conner
Doug Martin (Pending Waiver)

WR:
Davante Adams
TY Hilton
DeSean Jackson

Is this PPR or standard scoring?

I'm honestly not sure I'd prefer Martin over the RB's you have on your roster.  The Raiders (not) tanking - I think you see what I'm doing there.  Unless Martin comes out like an absolute stud, which isn't likely as their OL continues to underperform outside of Hudson and it may still yet see a piece of it sold off in trade, he's going to be on the same game-script as Marshawn was, where you can basically write off the 4th quarter and at least 30% of the time half the 3rd quarter too because the Raiders are going to lean on Jalen Richard (and that's without even considering that DeAndre Washington now becomes a gameday active player to fill Marshawn's roster spot), because the defense is god awful and they'll be playing from behind most if not all weeks.

If I were to cut an RB on your current roster it would be Latavius, but I'd feel a lot better about doing it with more knowledge on whether Cook actually comes back this week.  Minnesota hasn't hit their bye week yet and I doubt you're going to keep both through that week so at some point he's likely getting dropped anyway.  That said, I'd honestly just ditch the Martin pickup, if it were me, and try to package an RB (not Zeke, Conner maybe depending on what you'd be getting in return) with ARob to get someone at wither WR or RB that's a marginal upgrade over the guy you're giving up at that position. 

47 minutes ago, Danger said:

At this point, why shouldn't I give up on Dalvin Cook or Allen Robinson at this point? I don't see either of them being anywhere near the players they were expected to be entering the season.

Yeah, but they're both still far more likely to give you anything useful than Doug Martin is in my opinion. 

47 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, but they're both still far more likely to give you anything useful than Doug Martin is in my opinion. 

I've also been considering picking up his counterpart Jalen Richard, or even WR Danny Amendola. Cook and Robinson just feel like dead weight at this point in time. (Still praying the Steelers trade LeVeon and roll with James Conner for the rest of the season)

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

I've also been considering picking up his counterpart Jalen Richard, or even WR Danny Amendola. Cook and Robinson just feel like dead weight at this point in time. (Still praying the Steelers trade LeVeon and roll with James Conner for the rest of the season)

Martin can be a feature back, that's fine (though I'd argue that Gruden's player evaluations aren't exactly a point of strength)...that team is still very bad and Doug Martin isn't very good and he's not the pass catching back for a team that is likely going to be trailing a lot. If he blows up, I'm okay with missing on that because I think that the odds are so small. I'd probably rather have Richard (especially in PPR, where he should have an okay floor). Amendola is a guy I don't mind at the current point in time, especially in ppr as well, but I don't know that I'm trusting him over Allen Robinson and I'm probably passing on him this week since they are traveling and playing the thursday night game. 

I agree with everyone else.  I think the chance of Robinson and Cook getting healthy and being productive is greater than that of Doug Martin ever putting up enough points to consider starting him.  If I had Doug Martin and saw either of those guys on waivers, I would jump at the chance for them.  Especially Cook knowing his talent and what he can be when he gets back, even if its a few weeks from now.

Archived