? Week 8: Bucs (3-3) @ Bengals (4-3)

bucsfan333

Just now, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah we could probably get him mid first as it stands today cuz I think Herbert and Lock are the hot names. I’ve heard some question if Grier can drive the ball.

at this point i dont even need a QB that can make all the throws

i just want one that makes good decisions

4 minutes ago, BucsDraftGeek47 said:

at this point i dont even need a QB that can make all the throws

i just want one that makes good decisions

Well my wife’s younger brother and sister went to High School with Grier (not that they were close or anything) but I guess that would be cool if he was our next QB lol

24 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

Yeah we could probably get him mid first as it stands today cuz I think Herbert and Lock are the hot names. I’ve heard some question if Grier can drive the ball.

Grier arm looks suspect. I like Andrew Lock. Guy has a cannon and can throw the long ball. I’m not a fan of this qb class in general though. 

12 minutes ago, indifference said:

Grier arm looks suspect. I like Andrew Lock. Guy has a cannon and can throw the long ball. I’m not a fan of this qb class in general though. 

I cant draft a QB who cant complete 60 percent in college.  Freeman at KSU and Allen at Wyoming come to mind.

12 minutes ago, indifference said:

Not a fan of Lock his inconsistency. Give me Fitz for one more year (where he at that point turns back to Fitz) and we get Tua. Thats my wish

1 hour ago, Buc Ball said:

He was terrible. We still had a chance to push it to overtime at the end though and the defence choked it away.

I’m a believer in situational football, so when we tied it up, everything that came before it is irrelevant. The defence needed a stop, didn’t get it and we lost.

Now, if we’re talking about reasons we were in that position, Winston all the way, but if we’re talking about situation, we didn’t perform when we needed a stop and that cost us.

I don't agree with this. 

Winston didn't give of 4 long TD drives in the first half.  

Winston didn't miss an extra point.

Winston didn't give up the final drive that led to a FG.

Winston didn't drop a TD pass that resulted in a FG.

Winston didn't jump offsides like 8 times

Winston didn't false start killing a drive.

Winston didn't get called for multiple holding penalties every time we got a big play or run.

Winston didn't kick the ball in the final seconds giving the Bengals an extra 5 yards and saving them a TO.

Winston didn't give up sack after sack, putting us well behind the chains.

Winston did not cost us this game, or put us is that position, no more then the horrific D, stupid penalties, missed opportunities, dropped passes,  missed blocks etc. 

10 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

I don't agree with this. 

Winston didn't give of 4 long TD drives in the first half.  

Winston didn't miss an extra point.

Winston didn't give up the final drive that led to a FG.

Winston didn't drop a TD pass that resulted in a FG.

Winston didn't jump offsides like 8 times

Winston didn't false start killing a drive.

Winston didn't get called for multiple holding penalties every time we got a big play or run.

Winston didn't kick the ball in the final seconds giving the Bengals an extra 5 yards and saving them a TO.

Winston didn't give up sack after sack, putting us well behind the chains.

Winston did not cost us this game, or put us is that position, no more then the horrific D, stupid penalties, missed opportunities, dropped passes,  missed blocks etc. 

All of which were contributing factors, but the four picks killed us. There wasn’t a single one that wasn’t either a terrible decision or horrendous mechanics.

I see that as being the main reason we lost if we’re looking to blame overall causes, rather than situational ineptitude.

1 hour ago, bucsfan333 said:

Offense is unstoppable. Just gotta stop turning it over.

I was thinking about this, it is stoppable because of the inconsistency of the oline.  The running game is very limited because only running inside works. No stretch, no off tackle. Pass protection has been okay. We ll see how it plays out, but I wouldnt be shocked to see 3 new starters next season.

Archived