? Week 8: Bucs (3-3) @ Bengals (4-3)

bucsfan333

12 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

It’s funny that we’ve now benched two QBs during a game for performance. 

How long before Griff gets a shot ?

This coaching staff will be remembered for a lot of things.  Mike Smith defense, no running game for 3 years, Rotation of starters at critical positions on both sides of the ball, kickers, and the QB shuffle of 18.

Sigh, time to turn the page.

13 minutes ago, Buc Ball said:

All of which were contributing factors, but the four picks killed us. There wasn’t a single one that wasn’t either a terrible decision or horrendous mechanics.

I see that as being the main reason we lost if we’re looking to blame overall causes, rather than situational ineptitude.

At the same time you can put the blame on the defense, if they had shut out the Bengals in the first half we wouldn't have had to throw so much and could have milked the clock by running.  The defense giving up 4 long TD drives put us in a situation to throw as much as possible to get back in the game.  That led to 2 more picks.  

Winston was awful but so was literally everyone else including Monken.  That cost us the game not one person, or one play,  or 4 picks.  

That game was the definition of a team loss bc everyone played absolutely horrible.  

23 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I was thinking about this, it is stoppable because of the inconsistency of the oline.  The running game is very limited because only running inside works. No stretch, no off tackle. Pass protection has been okay. We ll see how it plays out, but I wouldnt be shocked to see 3 new starters next season.

It is mind boggling that Smith is not a goid run blocker. 6’5 320 mammoth and he never blows DEs up on run plays. It just blows my mind.

Just now, indifference said:

It is mind boggling that Smith is not a goid run blocker. 6’5 320 mammoth and he never blows DEs up on run plays. It just blows my mind.

I ve wanted him to be good, but with a new regime he is in trouble.  The oline as a whole is average, too many mental errors.  No one deserves to be spared at the end of the season, even Monken.  Everything is vertical, which looks great, but there is no use of bunch formations, screen game, or shallow crosses to speak of.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Kap s making a lot more money and celebrity now, then he would have ever gained by continuing to play football.  

You really think he is spending a dime of his own money on the NFL collusion case?  

Lol doubt it. Just have to wonder what ANY young qb with promise could do with the supporting cast we have.

1 minute ago, indifference said:

Lol doubt it. Just have to wonder what ANY young qb with promise could do with the supporting cast we have.

Fair enough, the depth chart is what it is at this point.  Give me a competent front office and coaching staff, then I m confident everything else will fall in place.

Right now this team has excellent passing, below average rushing attack, average rush defense, horrid pass defense, and horrid special teams.  I think I m being fair, nailing the GM position is critical.

Think about this. We have historically the best offense this franchise has ever seen (576 Total yards today) and in order to have a good enough team that simply can make the playoffs we need to get a new coaching staff who will more likely than not significantly reduce our offensive output. Mind boggling.

1 hour ago, Calibucsfan said:

If Fitz stinks it up again like he did in week 3 against Pittsburgh, I say we start the Mike Glennon 2.0 experiment, where we bring in the no expectations guy and see what happens.

fitz went for 400 and 3 TDs

wouldnt call that stinking it up

his stinker game in chicago against the number 1 D

Archived