Roster moves

kingseanjohn

According to some Giants beat reporter, we're interested in Janoris Jenkins.

Not sure how I feel about that. Just turned 30 and he's NOT on a bargain contact. Not to mention it'd probably take a high(ish) pick to get him. For a 4th it'd be cool but I'd expect him to command more. I actually think our CBs are fine, it's the run D that's concerning.

ICYMI: Sorensen activated, Orchard released.

Keeping S Josh Shawon the roster instead makes me believe they will ease Sorensen in. May be he'll need another week or so - in any case they had to decide whether to activate him or put him back on IR for good.

We'll see, but it would be good to have him back. For the first time this season, i didn't liked what i saw by the O-Line against the Cardinals. I hope that was just a fluke. But whatever LDT would be a good boost for the playoffs. If not him, i guess the best we can get from IR would be Watts, which i would be fine as well. It seemed he came into rhythm before his injury. Terrance Smith is out for sure and Devey and DAT probably as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Charc is back!

Chiefs signed RB Charcandrick West.

Kansas City was expected to sign C.J. Anderson, but NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports they are going with West. It makes sense considering West spent the last four seasons including most of training camp this year with the team, so he should know the playbook and be able to help immediately. Kansas City going with West over Anderson is great news for Spencer Ware's rest-of-season outlook.
Dec 3 - 12:48 PM

3 hours ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Charc is back!

Chiefs signed RB Charcandrick West.

Kansas City was expected to sign C.J. Anderson, but NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports they are going with West. It makes sense considering West spent the last four seasons including most of training camp this year with the team, so he should know the playbook and be able to help immediately. Kansas City going with West over Anderson is great news for Spencer Ware's rest-of-season outlook.
Dec 3 - 12:48 PM

I like Charc could do a lot worse...

I think it was 2015 were he played pretty good. In 2016 Ware set himself apart. Last year he wasn't used that much, so i guess he can be ok as a backup but i don't think he will be able to play like 2015 again. I like what Damien Williams has to offer in the passing game so i would probably go with him in those situations to try to replace Hunts production.

On run downs i hope that Ware can play like 2 years ago and maybe Darrel Williams is good enough to take some snaps as well.

I think we're fine with what we have at the position. Charc might help in disguising our play since he can do both but i think if we're forced to run or pass i would put in other guys.

Next year it depends on what Darrel Williams can do. I'd like to give him a shot to see if he could be a part of the solution otherwise we might can bring in CJ Anderson, resign Ware maybe Damien Williams and draft a guy (in the 3rd round).

The Ravens will present us a huge challenge to see how good our run game can be without Hunt.

Archived