Who's fault are the high sack numbers

CBrownsman

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Everyone. But mainly the QB for holding onto the ball too long.

I gotta disagree. There's definitely been a number of plays where Baker certainly held onto the ball for too long. However, during the past couple of weeks at least, there's been so many times where he was being pressured almost right away. Again, I'd say it's the fault of everyone, but for the past couple of weeks, I'd say it's mainly been on the offensive line.

Maybe I'm wrong - I'd have to rewatch the games to make sure. But that's what it seemed like to me. Although the receivers not getting open and the play calling likely haven't helped with that, either.

9 minutes ago, DawgX said:

I gotta disagree. There's definitely been a number of plays where Baker certainly held onto the ball for too long. However, during the past couple of weeks at least, there's been so many times where he was being pressured almost right away. Again, I'd say it's the fault of everyone, but for the past couple of weeks, I'd say it's mainly been on the offensive line.

Maybe I'm wrong - I'd have to rewatch the games to make sure. But that's what it seemed like to me. Although the receivers not getting open and the play calling likely haven't helped with that, either.

I mean, the WR's are primarily responsible because they can't get open. But I always put sacks on the QB unless there are free screamers at him all game long. You have more than enough time to get the ball out of your hands at the feet of a checkdown or out of bounds. 

Archived