The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

9 minutes ago, SwAg said:

Hey @khodder would Avon make sense as a commuter?  I don’t see how homeboy is commuting anywhere behind bars, and if the kill trajectory continues from N1 tomorrow we are in trouble.

I don't know enough about the mechanics of roles in Mafia to confirm or deny.

I also think it's ironic you're asking if a role fits a claimed character when yours is not a fit at all.

1 minute ago, khodder said:

I don't know enough about the mechanics of roles in Mafia to confirm or deny.

I also think it's ironic you're asking if a role fits a claimed character when yours is not a fit at all.

No, you just refuse to read the posts explaining my role.  That’s not my fault.

5 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

logo.png

that’s not the way the move works. I submit a name each night and if that player is barksdale, anyone who targets me ends up using their move on that player

Wait. Your claiming a redirect, so that if you choose a name and its Barksdale, all moves made on you would end up being performed on the person you chose?

2 minutes ago, SwAg said:

And I don’t think you two have the same role if that’s what you two are going with.  Or at least does not fit my understanding of the commuter.  What Touch described is a Coward role.  But it sorta make sense, people would die for Avon.

It’s entirely possible but with how it’s switched from a roleblock to a self protect, I don’t buy it

Just now, theuntouchable said:

It’s entirely possible but with how it’s switched from a roleblock to a self protect, I don’t buy it

I know the post you're referring to, but to me it felt like he just meant that he had blocked matts move, and just misused the specific term "roleblock".

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Wait. Your claiming a redirect, so that if you choose a name and its Barksdale, all moves made on you would end up being performed on the person you chose?

This would make sense given the number of people that would die for/would take jail time for Avon.

1 hour ago, SwAg said:

Ragnarok has been around for most of the pressing developments in the thread, yet has largely abstained from involvement into the progressing the developments.  

About 50% of his posts are off-topic and another ~15% are artificial contributions about mechanics, meta, flavor or whatever you want to call it.  These contributions are dispersed while genuine, substantive conversation occurs.  The remaining ~30% is largely pushing for Town lynches.

I said on D1, Ragnarok would remain alive, not really contribute, but his suspect list would roll over Town.  Shockingly, they have all rolled over Town.  After leading the James lynch, he had the opportunity to test the veracity of his other read, Dingo, but opted not to do so.  He went with bcb because my information provided him cover on the subject.  Town Ragnarok is gut-based and not afraid of being wrong.  And he has been wrong before in those scenarios.

Similarly, I was under scrutiny on D1 for Font Gate.  The premise of the ordeal was I was seeking approval or having someone write for me in a scumchat.  Ragnarok was present and provided tertiary commentary related to the situation.  Ragnarok did not immediately intervene and tell people I am not a ***** based on meta.  He did not do so until substantially later after the conflict was almost entirely resolved.  This is hedging.  He could allow me to be mislynched or intervene late and “save me.”  

Why would Ragnarok allow me to be mislynched?  Well, he has stated I am a good player.  He is Mafia and would not mind the best player from his previous forum receiving an early exit.  Moreover, he did not have to commit on the topic because other people were fairly relentless in the pursuit of the subject.

Why would Ragnarok intervene and save me?  He is aware of my largest meta weakness, having exploited it at least once.  My first instinct is self preservation, because as I have stated, I think higher of my intuition than the role or ability of anyone else.  When I am placed in a precarious, desperate, survival situation, I am likely to notice and simply omit major flaws with certain players because I require their good graces to remain alive.

Why is this relevant?  Because Ragnarok half-heartedly attempted to do that on D1 after the issue was resolved.  Then on D2 he was the vote that flipped the lynch back to bcb.  Once again, Ragnarok does not need to do anything further because the position that I must bear the consequence for the mislynch is already established.  What does Ragnarok do?  The smart play: allow other people to go after me, while offering a defense.  I remain pressured, but not in bona fide danger, while my defenders would typically receive a level of goodwill based on my meta.

And, in some instances, it is the fact that he said nothing that should cause alarm.  I clearly and explicitly detailed my thought process, which was fundamentally rooted in Mafia logic, regardless of the theories we allow lolclear-useful-stooges to perpetuate.  By not taking a position on that, on something so elementary and remedial as whether it is a logical thought process, further allows it to spiral.  Instead, the defense is meta based.

It is hardly a question that I am a viable lynch, especially with Khodder a lock to be left alive the remainder of the game.  He knows I’m not going to be nightkilled because Mafia controls the night kills.  

I’m calling it.  This is their play, and it serves a dual purpose.  I am now used as a background distraction, and at any point, I can be used as a clear distraction.  But more likely Khodder and I will be absolutely left alive for LyLo because Khodder is incompetent and I’m tainted.  

I would disagree with the first sentence.

So I'm half discussing the game and half not.  That seems about right.

Yes, I am gut based when there is no role evidence to suggest going in a different direction.  But there was.

As for the whole defending or not defending you part...not sure if you were expecting me to defend you or not defend you.  I've answered a number of questions about your game play as well as give my opinions on what I think you would do.  Plus, I consider you a player good enough to not need someone intervening on your behalf on a regular basis.  

I've said nothing that has caused alarm?  You lost me here.

Overall, it's a bit tinfoil-y, but not something I necessarily wouldn't do if I was scum.  Although I definitely wouldn't have planned it out that in depth.  I'd have drunkenly made it up as I went then claimed credit when it worked.

I’ll go re read that, but if someone asked me to describe a traditional commuter role, I don’t know that I would draw much distinction in those labels.  Although, it is an ability that makes you untargetable, so protect might be more apt.  

But, I also recognize the distinction is not your focus.

Day 3

Ragnarok – Dingo (105)
Squire
Pickle Rick – Matts (111), Dingo (127)
James 2.0 – Dingo (128), Unvote (129)
Touch – Dingo (121)
Khodder – Swag (105), Matts (112)
KSJ – Swag (111)
Swag – Rags (123)
Matts – Dingo (106), Ted (114), Dingo (124)
Ted – Dingo (127)
Dingo – Swag (108), James (116), Rags (127)

Vote Count:
4 Dingo – Rags, Touch, Matts, Ted, Pickle
2 Rags – Swag, Dingo
1 Matts – Khodder
1 Swag – KSJ

Archived