The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

1 minute ago, bcb1213 said:

i don't know why we are voting matts unless you think scum deliberately role blocked themselves, which would be ballsy i guess

Because this game is full of people with no deductive reasoning skills. 

Just now, bcb1213 said:

how do you know it was on purpose?

He liked a bunch of posts throughout the 2 days of D1 (he claimed he was communicating in morse code) and he was completely read up immediately after night.  If you got time to like a post, you got time to make a post.  That tells me he intentionally did not make 3 posts.

2 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

@SwAg

What are your thoughts on the below:

1. Matts intentially gets himself role blocked and then right after night and 2 of the more active people dying, he starts to post.  

2. KSJ makes a joke vote of the orca on page 11 and then doesn't change his vote (and doesn't post much if at all again).  

3.  Khodder and his claim of neighbor with the orca, I believe he is in a chat with him.  I'm just not sure on his alignment.  

1.  I don't know.  Under the presumption it was intentional (which I think is a well-founded presumption), I understand self-preservation as an early motivation, as the likelihood of being lynched is (ostensibly) low when you're inactive.  But, we ended up having a lynch decision between two relative inactives.  So, I don't know that the logic withstands even that marginal scrutiny.  However, I think the logic remains applicable in the course of night actions.  I don't know that scum would "waste" a NK on a person who is one inactive day from death, or Town would use a significant ability on someone in similar circumstances.  Thus, if you're passive or not active that night, it may make sense to run that risk to guarantee survival early.  

tl;dr - I understand the logic, and I think it goes both ways.  I don't think it is dispositive, inculpatory, or exculpatory because there is logic to that course of action for any alignment.

2.  I think one of KSJ or Ted is scum.  Just conflicted on which one I find more likely.

3.  Yeah, I am skeptical of Khodder, largely for reasons I previously stated.  I don't know if it is poor or deliberate play.  That's why I asked if I should expect that type of play from Khodder.  Based upon this game, I am inclined to believe the former.  Also, I'm uncertain regarding the veracity of his soft-claim.  The soft-claim was highly relevant to Orca's character and (based on my understanding) left several character options available for us to gap fill.

Are revivalists prevalent on this forum?  Like, is there a bona fide meta risk of Orca being revived and be able to call a potential bluff?

Also, I'm sorry for postulating on game mechanics, but it is somewhat relevant.  How does the Neighbor role typically function here?  Is only one person the neighbor, or are both neighbors?  Do they typically retain any other ability?  Or is the external communication sufficient to be "not vanilla."

Or more simply, should I read into Orca being "Town Neighbor," which implies the other person is not a Town Neighbor.

Just now, SwAg said:

Also, I'm sorry for postulating on game mechanics, but it is somewhat relevant.  How does the Neighbor role typically function here?  Is only one person the neighbor, or are both neighbors?  Do they typically retain any other ability?  Or is the external communication sufficient to be "not vanilla."

Or more simply, should I read into Orca being "Town Neighbor," which implies the other person is not a Town Neighbor.

Most likely their ability was a chat together. Its not 100% that they are both civs, but it is extremely likely. Khodder pushing for the LOLclear though should be alarming. 

Archived