The Wire mafia - Game Over! The Barksdale Gang controls Baltimore!

Whicker

3 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Bingo

Sorry for the multi quotes, it was just easier 

the fact that you both recognize the orange name just proves how easy it would be to get that detail right to fake something like this.

just saying. surprised you would overlook something so simple, pickle.

1 minute ago, Dome said:

It's not really the same at all. How often do you have a 100% verified civ able to talk after N1? 

Do you think he actually got useful info from dying? If not I don't think it'd be that useful. Just because he's dead doesn't mean he knows anything or won't lead us astray.

Just now, Dome said:

Ok. ignore the Subject PM line.  @khodder

We should open up a line of conversation with orca. if the rules allow for them to keep talking and copy/pasting, there's no reason not too. It'll be interesting to see what orca has to say.

No it wont. Why are you stuck on this? Orca is a bad player. Now he is a dead bad player. I guess you could angle that he is cleared, but all his messages will be filtered through someone not cleared. So its 100% pointless. 

Seriously, what the hell is your point here? 

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Literally every single game there is a civ chat. Me and Whicker did it. I also did it with Rags IIRC. Its super common. 

and how did you accomplish it? cause i remember how whicker cleared ted, and it wasn't by claiming afterwards that they could talk.

@Matts4313 it's funny how you called the Orca quote from chatty a desperate move, but now you're using it as proof that khodder is telling the truth about being in chatty. lmao

1 minute ago, Dome said:

and how did you accomplish it? cause i remember how whicker cleared ted, and it wasn't by claiming afterwards that they could talk.

@Matts4313 it's funny how you called the Orca quote from chatty a desperate move, but now you're using it as proof that khodder is telling the truth about being in chatty. lmao

The fact that Orca and Khodder are in chat together means absolutely 0 to us. 

What part of that sentence confuses you? 

1 minute ago, Dome said:

you're deflecting. 

let's try it this way. 

What could be the disadvantage of opening up a line of communication with a verified civ?

Because you are trusting comments that cant be verified they came from the civ. And on top of that, the civ is awful at this game so anything he says will be useless. 

So at best you are getting awful advice. At worst you are wasting our time getting distracted by unverifiable comments. Either way its a dumb play. 

Day 2

Dome – Matts (44), Bcb (46), Matts (49)
Ragnarok
Squire
Bcb – James (44)
Pickle Rick – Matts (44)
James 2.0
Touch – Dingo (37)
Khodder – Dome (37), Matts (40)
KSJ
Swag – Bcb (46)
Matts – Ted (38), Dome (38)
Ted
Dingo

Vote Count:
3 Matts – Khodder, Pickle, Dome
1 Dome – Matts
1 Dingo – Touch
1 James – Bcb
1 Bcb – Swag

47 minutes ago, Ragnarok said:

Are you really asking for a subject line of a PM that is outside the game forum?

I will never be in favor of that type of question.  

I would tend to agree, but I feel like Khodder opened the door with:

43 minutes ago, Dome said:

Then don’t answer it.

If he’s allowed to talk to a dead player and copy/paste things that player is saying, why wouldn’t he be able to use that to his advantage to clear himself?

Ha. 

If you're going to take a principled stand on the issue, I don't know that you can omit that.

1 minute ago, James said:

We can't really know if its him and not just khodder

You don't think he could say something that we could use to verify his identity? lol you're not being very creative.

1) orca answers a question about conversations he and I (or he and pickle) have had in the past, this would verify his info.

2) orca answers more questions from us, khodder relays. he likely has no info, i'd be interested in it regardless.

3) orca answers another question from past conversations to verify khodder told the truth and didn't change anything.

very easy. since the mechanic allows for them to talk and for khodder to post what he says in thread, this if fine. 

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Because you are trusting comments that cant be verified they came from the civ. 

Maybe if you thought outside the box you'd realize how easy this could be to sidestep. Like my Subject PM idea that you apparently had no problem with earlier. or what I just said above.

Do i think this is gonna blow the game open? no. do i think it's a waste of time? maybe, but it's my time to waste. do I want to know what orca has to say? yup. 

If it's a waste of time, don't do it. I will if other people see the value in it.

Anyways, we've had a flurry of 2-3 pages of discussion during an otherwise slow moment in the game on Halloween, everything helps, right?

Archived